Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
RE: Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
So, this morning, I wake up feeling pretty good, and see the info my machine has to tell me; I slept pretty well last night indeed.. AHI under 1.  Woot!
I hit DreamMapper, and notice that it said I had two disconnects, instead of one, which is weird, since I only used my machine once that night.  So, over to Sleepyhead for the 411, and I see this graph:

[Image: tNRk0mu.jpg]

I gotta admit, I do not remember waking up at all last night; but that graph sure looks like I did.  But I also notice that the graph has one whole session; other times where I have turned my machine off, I notice Sleepyhead has two or more sessions marked.  Anyone have an idea?  If I had to guess, I would guess that I somehow bumped off my mask last night, and managed to fix it (in my sleep???).  I really have no recollection of anything like that, so I am a bit humorously stumped...
Post Reply Post Reply
So, i wanted to edit my post to add something, but i cant seem to.. anyway..

I also noted this morning that my nose bridge was a bit sore and red (but blanchable, not a serious rub). I use a Wisp mask, but can't say i have normally had this. I wonder, perhaps, if i rolled on my stomach (how i used to sleep), and in the process temporarily disturbed my mask, and wound up mouth breathing. But i am not sure if MB shows up as a large leak, and the times i have opened my mouth while awake, i can feel the pressure/vacuum made by doing it; i am surprised i could have slept through that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you turned the machine off. I believe the machine just didn't record the flow rate for a short time. Your still showing pressure and leak rates during that time. It could be the machine couldn't record the flow rate due to the large leak.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2018, 09:01 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I don't think you turned the machine off. I believe the machine just didn't record the flow rate for a short time. Your still showing pressure and leak rates during that time. It could be the machine couldn't record the flow rate due to the large leak.

That certainly makes sense.  I just wish i could figure out what happened.  I really don't remember waking up (and i pretty much do remember all the times i do, including rolling over), but i am at a loss otherwise.  Im not worried per-se, just curious.  Between my sore nose and no memory, i am guessing face down and mouth, but its only a guess
Post Reply Post Reply
So, it seems like i have gotten over one issue, and am bounding on to my next.

This morning again, i had another leak, and another red nose line (which is starting to scare me, as i know the nose skin is delicate); i even used some barrier film, but it still irrated my bridge. I do remember last night, that again for some reason, i was biting my tongue; in doing so, i was moving my lip/jaw enough that my mask was leaking from the bottom. I do remember once i gave my hose some slack, it seemed better, and the rest of the night was good. But i am still really worried about the nose issue, and why i am now suddenly getting leaks (and why i am getting them when i am having the lowest AHI i have ever had......)

Since i seem so prone to messing it up, i am really considering trying the philips dreamwear mask. The amara view i have felt like attaching a hurricane to my face, and i like the idea of minimal stuff on my face to get dislodged.

I swear, i am trying to stay positive, but it is so hard to do right now. I am sleeping great, but i cant keep beating my nose up like this, or i am in for some REAL problems. I cant stop my cpap though... argh... so stressed....
Post Reply Post Reply
Madscat, not sure if we discussed using a mask liner (eg pad-a-sleep or Remzz) to provide some protection to your skin and help control leaks. I just use a square of flannelette folded so that its 15 cm long x 3cm wide and three layers thick. Drape it over your nose so the cloth sits between the silicon and the skin. Works marvels, but you may need to adjust the length, width and thickness to suit your own face.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 11:01 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Madscat, not sure if we discussed using a mask liner (eg pad-a-sleep or Remzz) to provide some protection to your skin and help control leaks. I just use a square of flannelette folded so that its 15 cm long x 3cm wide and three layers thick. Drape it over your nose so the cloth sits between the silicon and the skin. Works marvels, but you may need to adjust the length, width and thickness to suit your own face.

i had tried liners on my previous attempts, but not this go round with the mask. I am thinking, perhaps if nothing else, a small bandage might help.  But i also have a totally different set of headgear on the way (kind like the less invasive idea all around) that i want to try, so it might become a moot point.  Still, I like the flannel idea too, and will keep that in mind should this new mask fail.

On a might lighter note; it got a chuckle out of me for sure, but i have to point out that you put an "s" in my name where one does not belong. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 09:57 AM)ajack Wrote: I really wouldn't give the PB a second thought.
As well as the high pressure ..if the machine stats are right, and a lot of the time they are wrong. You need to zoom  in and see if the respiration rate is the same as the exhales per minute. Med 18 breaths per minute is a bit high and tidal volume is a bit low. See what happens after you lift the pressure and I'd use a mask that covered my mouth as well while I set up a machine. You need one when you have a cold anyways

So, I really fear that I have driven off everyone reading my thread (really wish a new thread wasn't taboo..), but if anyone is, I would like to revisit this comment about the resp rate.  

From reading, I see that my rates seem pretty bad, especially when looking at my 95% values.  Could anyone take a look at my data, and give me their feedback? 
For what its worth, I am totally out of shape, obese, but working on it by walking more and eating better). But I am concerned that it is already a sign of problem, especially reading sites online

Here are my stats using my Wisp nasal mask:
[Image: 6Vp8raP.jpg]

And here are my stats using a Dreamware Gel mask (my nose is still getting used to this setup.. ow).
[Image: 0NwAlQu.jpg]

I know I worry way too much, but the feedback does help, and I appreciate any advice people can give.
Post Reply Post Reply
MadCat, some comments by ajack are better to disregard, and that is one of them. He once told me "I hope you're getting attention for that", referring to may high tidal volume and a resp rate higher than he thought I should have. Your respiratory rate is well within normal expectations, and any concerns about tidal volume or respiratory issues are a whole lot better addressed in a doctor's office beginning with a general physical and some simple pulmonary function test. A respiratory evaluation is often part of our annual physical exam, and you might not even know it. Here is an example of the questions used to screen for problems. https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio...assessment

I don't mean to come down hard on ajack as he has many good insights and more knowledge of the ST, IVAPS and a number of things he has researched online, but I do object to his tendency to make unfounded alarming observations or questions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Madcat207 Wrote:(really wish a new thread wasn't taboo..)

It's not taboo. We do prefer you to keep your stuff together but if you feel the thread has drifted too far then by all means start a new thread. What really makes life difficult is if people start a new thread every day.

Madcat207 Wrote:But I am concerned that it is already a sign of problem, especially reading sites like this:
https://www.normalbreathing.com/

It's half-past-midnight here so there's no way I'm going to read that site in any detail. What I will say is that it bears all the hallmarks of a crank site. It may be a commercial site within our rules in which case the link will disappear tonight or tomorrow (once I'm a bit rested). But really, sites put together like that really are best ignored.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 322 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Panic attack or CPAP issue? Cam12 0 412 05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,401 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  New CPAP user. Still occasionally waking up with "panic attacks". Tcp84 19 2,333 05-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [CPAP] Anxiety, Panic, Depression worse on CPAP Brendon 10 2,017 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Brendon
  [Pressure] Pressure problems, panic, fatigue, any help appreciated peterdeltoro 2 1,142 11-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: peterdeltoro
  SpO2 drop and panic attack upon waking related? MyronH 1 1,402 05-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.