Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
RE: Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
I use to get PB's too. They'll go away in time. I noticed you have events that cluster together. That usually indicates your chin is tucking in and cutting off your airway.

You might want to try a soft cervical collar to prevent that. They're cheap and you can pick them up at any drug store or online.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 05:40 AM)Madcat207 Wrote: It figures.. I have two nights in a row with my AHI at <2, with no PB, and then last night throws me for a curve - AHI over 5, and with 6% PB with crap like this:

[Image: jhLRO5p.jpg]

I still feel like I worry for nothing, but it kills the spirit to feel like I am making progress only to see it flag again so soon.  Still trying not to worry myself too much, but I am afraid its in my nature... sigh..

It could be worse the resmed calls PB Chaney stokes. that will really scare you.
I would actually talk to your doctor about moving to a bpap. If the stats chart is right in the left and side. You may do better.
For now I'd lift the min to 17 and flex to 3 (or what the max flex is)
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 07:50 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I use to get PB's too. They'll go away in time.  I noticed you have events that cluster together. That usually indicates your chin is tucking in and cutting off your airway.

You might want to try a soft cervical collar to prevent that. They're cheap and you can pick them up at any drug store or online.

Ill take a look, but i can't lie.. doesn't look all that comfortable. Truth is, i am surprised how well i have done with the CPAP; admittedly kinda worried about disrupting that progress.

(01-10-2018, 09:08 AM)ajack Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 05:40 AM)Madcat207 Wrote: It figures.. I have two nights in a row with my AHI at <2, with no PB, and then last night throws me for a curve - AHI over 5, and with 6% PB with crap like this:

[Image: jhLRO5p.jpg]

I still feel like I worry for nothing, but it kills the spirit to feel like I am making progress only to see it flag again so soon.  Still trying not to worry myself too much, but I am afraid its in my nature... sigh..

It could be worse the resmed calls PB Chaney stokes. that will really scare you.
I would actually talk to your doctor about moving to a bpap. If the stats chart is right in the left and side. You may do better.
For now I'd lift the min to 17 and flex to 3 (or what the max flex is)

Yes, that would really get me.  That said, i am guessing i am still being (annoyingly) worried over nothing? In my mind, i see a closer pattern in that one to the really bad sign, but like i said, i see the worst in everything (WebMD and the like truly are my worst enemy).

I will have to see what i can do for a BiPAP.  After having moved, i don't have a doc out here (nor will i travel across country for my old one); and i need to focus on the other aspect effecting it, my weight.  Not gonna sugar coat it; i am not doing well there, but i am trying to turn a new leaf this year. This past year going through my divorce was rough, andi really put it on; i am hoping with less stress, i can make a positive change, which might help in whats required for sleeping as well.  I know i will always need some assistance (my family has been poking me for probably a good 10 years to get checked. Oh-jeez), but maybe some weight loss will help.

Sorry again for being so paranoid; i feel like a horrible user and am probably driving people up the wall.  Thanks for sticking around.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like to second ajack's suggestion of BiPAP. Your residual events are mostly hypopnea which is most treatable with pressure support, which means some pressure difference between IPAP and EPAP. Also, your pressure are relatively high for CPAP. If you continue to see a high event rate for hypopnea, this and your machine pressure is routinely in the 17 to 20 range you NEED BiPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really wouldn't give the PB a second thought.
As well as the high pressure ..if the machine stats are right, and a lot of the time they are wrong. You need to zoom in and see if the respiration rate is the same as the exhales per minute. Med 18 breaths per minute is a bit high and tidal volume is a bit low. See what happens after you lift the pressure and I'd use a mask that covered my mouth as well while I set up a machine. You need one when you have a cold anyways
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 09:57 AM)ajack Wrote: I really wouldn't give the PB a second thought.
As well as the high pressure ..if the machine stats are right, and a lot of the time they are wrong. You need to zoom  in and see if the respiration rate is the same as the exhales per minute. Med 18 breaths per minute is a bit high and tidal volume is a bit low. See what happens after you lift the pressure and I'd use a mask that covered my mouth as well while I set up a machine. You need one when you have a cold anyways

I am trying not to think about it too much, but its not easy.  Like I said, I have a bad tendency to overanalyze data and see the worst in it.  The last few nights I have been using a smaller mask, and have been getting much better leaks (or I feel like it).  But I still get a PB which is enough to worry me (believe me, I HATE that I worry so bad).  This is a shot from last night (being honest, last night I basically got myself in a panic attack convincing myself I had full blown CHF... WebMD is my enemy):

[Image: zkAV4Ld.jpg]

Overall I am really feeling better, and liking the numbers.  I think I may just have to turn off the PB display... sigh...
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a true PB, but this is one of my earlier ones, on a good night. Your's look also to be obstructive based.
To clear the obstructive a bit more. If you want to for now, you could increase your min pressure to 17 and max flex for comfort. My crystal ball sees a bpap in your future.

[Image: XrCFer8.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ill give the pressure setting a go tonight and see how it goes. As it goes, I do seem to see the "PB" shortly after being disturbed at night; unfortunately, it is happening alot right now.

My daughter is missing her mom, and always climbs into bed. I dont mind in general (she is 4 after all.. Poor thing is confused and lost with mom leaving), but an unexpected kiddo does bring me out of sleep.

I am about 80% certain the uptick in morning events came from her waking me in the morning; it seems like my body takes a bit to resettle with the cpap after waking.

On a different note, the smaller mask surr looks better, with less leak and increased tidal volume. And I wake up without a window eye..

Finally, I have one last odd issue. On some nights, I find myself biting the living he'll out of my tongue. I guess it is my uncontrollable way to stop mouth breathing, but I wish I could stop it...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep wake junk (The time when your waking up or awake with the machine on) can be ignored when your awake you have natural disordered breathing but the machine does not know your awake. You can ignore any data when awake
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep disturbance is plenty to explain the periodic breathing in the morning. Personally, I would not make a change to settings for this. I don't think it is anything more than sleep disturbance and adaptation. This is very brief and early morning hours. I get the same thing when my wife wakes for work, but I get to sleep in. (no excuses, retirement is great). A 4-year old is plenty excuse to cause some irregular breathing. These are not serious events!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 154 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 284 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Panic attack or CPAP issue? Cam12 0 403 05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,352 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  New CPAP user. Still occasionally waking up with "panic attacks". Tcp84 19 2,240 05-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [CPAP] Anxiety, Panic, Depression worse on CPAP Brendon 10 1,978 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Brendon
  [Pressure] Pressure problems, panic, fatigue, any help appreciated peterdeltoro 2 1,127 11-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: peterdeltoro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.