Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
RE: Is this CSR? How much should i panic?
It's more than likely, that you are also coming to terms with your wife leaving. I'd give it all time, it's a wonder what 6 months make.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep disturbance is plenty to explain the periodic breathing in the morning. Personally, I would not make a change to settings for this. I don't think it is anything more than sleep disturbance and adaptation. This is very brief and early morning hours. I get the same thing when my wife wakes for work, but I get to sleep in. (no excuses, retirement is great). A 4-year old is plenty excuse to cause some irregular breathing. These are not serious events, and I see nothing that would cause me to increase pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, you just mentioned on the other thread about snoring,
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid240754

with AHI up to 5 on the charts posted, I would increase pressure.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2018, 04:52 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Sleep wake junk (The time when your waking up or awake with the machine on) can be ignored when your awake you have natural disordered breathing but the machine does not know your awake. You can ignore any data when awake
Aye, I do try to ignore it. Unfortunately I am not sure of the exact timing, as I dont look at my watch and try to get right back to sleep.. But I know I had morning disturbances, so I can chalk up that data to going back to sleep. 

(01-14-2018, 04:56 PM)ajack Wrote: It's more than likely, that you are also coming to terms with your wife leaving. I'd give it all time, it's a wonder what 6 months make.
Oh my friend.. You should have seen me for the last year before my machine and dealing with the affair and her moving. I am honest to say I am lucky to be alive... I am hoping as the stress and pain move on, the healing will happen all around.

(01-14-2018, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The sleep disturbance is plenty to explain the periodic breathing in the morning. Personally, I would not make a change to settings for this.  I don't think it is anything more than sleep disturbance and adaptation.  This is very brief and early morning hours.  I get the same thing when my wife wakes for work, but I get to sleep in.  (no excuses, retirement is great).  A 4-year old is plenty excuse to cause some irregular breathing.  These are not serious events, and I see nothing that would cause me to increase pressure.
You know, I see people aiming for an AHI of pure zero, but truth be told, I am pretty darn happy with my two week results. I have stopped falling asleep while driving, I dont wake up to pee, and I make it through work much better. I think if I can manage the settings, I am happy to stick with what I jave right now (not to mention I would have to buy a bipap out of pocket...)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 09:57 AM)ajack Wrote: I really wouldn't give the PB a second thought.
As well as the high pressure ..if the machine stats are right, and a lot of the time they are wrong. You need to zoom  in and see if the respiration rate is the same as the exhales per minute. Med 18 breaths per minute is a bit high and tidal volume is a bit low. See what happens after you lift the pressure and I'd use a mask that covered my mouth as well while I set up a machine. You need one when you have a cold anyways

So, I just want go revisit this, specifically about tidal volume. (Sorry for typos.. On my cell).

After doing some reading, specifically:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid237159

I am a little worried about what I am seeing, ironically my more recent graphs. My first graphs had me at 500/1000 med/95%, but I see my more recent ones are as bad as 430/700(ish). Now, being blunt... I am fat...just.. Fat. I am wokring on it, but right now using the weight formula, I should be doing alot more TV. I dont have an 02 sensor, so I cant see what my sats are doing. 

But I am also wondering if my mask change could have caused a change. I started with an XL, but moved to a large. My AHI has stayed low, but I wonder if I am hurting myself on overall flow.

Also - as reported by my gear s3.. My daytime resting heart is at 88, but does drop to 60-70 while sleeping. I know its not perfectly accurate, but yeah.. Im not in shape.. :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not that bad. Just something to keep your eye on and forget about PB. If your first graphs had you at 500, there isn't much wrong. More pressure for the obstructives, less leaks/mouth breathing, the section had a leak rate of 70, which is high for a philips. A full face mask, may be all you need, If you switch to bpap it may help too.. If the count is accurate..The machines are notorious for miscounting.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I know its silly, but I just have to share. This morning my machine reported under 1 AHI , .7 specifically, and I am just pumped. No CA, no PB... Just wonderful. Admist all the worry I can have, its great seeing something go right..
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on a great night's results!

I've just dropped back into this thread for the first time in a while - I don't see anything at all for you to be worrying about. A target AHI of zero just isn't realistic (even "normal" people get a few events per night). Your AHI is looking great at 0.7. The periodic breathing is minimal and not Cheyne Stokes. Your tidal volumes are within normal limits - everybody's goes up and down a bit.

As I see it, you have one task in life: Be there for your little girl. You need to get fit through healthy diet and exercise. Keep using your machine but stop worrying about the results - in fact I recommend you stop monitoring the results. Give SleepyHead a rest. And give that little girl all the love you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 05:23 AM)Madcat207 Wrote: So I know its silly, but I just have to share. This morning my machine reported under 1 AHI , .7 specifically, and I am just pumped. No CA, no PB... Just wonderful. Admist all the worry I can have, its great seeing something go right..

Sometimes, less is more.  You were just going through some adaptation bumps, and you may have some again.  Just stay the course and don't worry.  If there is a clear path to better results, we will try to help you find it, but sometimes, it's just a bump in the road and you have to ride it out.  Nice to hear things are better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 07:00 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Congratulations on a great night's results!

I've just dropped back into this thread for the first time in a while - I don't see anything at all for you to be worrying about. A target AHI of zero just isn't realistic (even "normal" people get a few events per night). Your AHI is looking great at 0.7. The periodic breathing is minimal and not Cheyne Stokes. Your tidal volumes are within normal limits - everybody's goes up and down a bit.

As I see it, you have one task in life: Be there for your little girl. You need to get fit through healthy diet and exercise. Keep using your machine but stop worrying about the results - in fact I recommend you stop monitoring the results. Give SleepyHead a rest. And give that little girl all the love you have.

I think that is the best plan of all.  And believe me, i justify all my craziness for her - if i can do everything i can to be there for here, no matter how it goes, i know i have done the right thing.  With my co-workers for support, i am turning my diet and exercise around as well.

Ironically, in terms of sleep performance, i feel kinda silly having just ordered an Amara View FFM, when it seems like i don't need it. I will keep it just in case (being a once outdoor guy, i buy into the motto -"Two is one, one is none".. a spare never hurts). Ah well, better than wasting it on food. Wink

(01-16-2018, 09:47 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 05:23 AM)Madcat207 Wrote: So I know its silly, but I just have to share. This morning my machine reported under 1 AHI , .7 specifically, and I am just pumped. No CA, no PB... Just wonderful. Admist all the worry I can have, its great seeing something go right..

Sometimes, less is more.  You were just going through some adaptation bumps, and you may have some again.  Just stay the course and don't worry.  If there is a clear path to better results, we will try to help you find it, but sometimes, it's just a bump in the road and you have to ride it out.  Nice to hear things are better.
I honestly cannot express how much, even in this short time, this community has helped and reassured me. Telling everyone here thanks is the least i can do, but deep down its not enough.   Positive, measurable results are an amazing motivator, so i am not stopping now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  CPAP for panic attacks HalfAsleep 3 284 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Gross Panic attack or CPAP issue? Cam12 0 403 05-09-2023, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Cam12
Question Flat lines in flow rate, waking up in a panic cupcakechinchilla 10 1,353 11-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: cupcakechinchilla
  New CPAP user. Still occasionally waking up with "panic attacks". Tcp84 19 2,242 05-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  [CPAP] Anxiety, Panic, Depression worse on CPAP Brendon 10 1,978 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: Brendon
  [Pressure] Pressure problems, panic, fatigue, any help appreciated peterdeltoro 2 1,127 11-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: peterdeltoro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.