Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Minor Benefit to Sleep
RE: Minor Benefit to Sleep
I don't have the NEED to take 2 naps a day.

I only have to make a bathroom run at night once or twice a week instead of several times nightly.

Cpap has delayed other medical intervention (oxygen or pacemaker), which is all good because that comes with other medical problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,
I am in yet another holding pattern, between sleep study and sleep Dr. setting me up with what I hope will be the proper machine for my therapy. this has been going on since I was diagnosed (Officially) in 2010. I have not been able to be compliant with the pressures from CPaP and found out, after pestering my Primary Dr about looking into some other way, that i have BiPaP induced centrals. Got myself referred to a Sleep Dr. and have tried the ASV machine.
What I am saying is, I want what you have!
I am looking forward to some real sleep!
Thank all of you for sharing all of this, more reason that i need to make this therapy work for me.
Shift Worker.
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 07:01 AM)Shift Worker Wrote: Hello all,
I am in yet another holding pattern, between sleep study and sleep Dr. setting me up with what I hope will be the proper machine for my therapy. this has been going on since I was diagnosed (Officially) in 2010. I have not been able to be compliant with the pressures from CPaP and found out, after pestering my Primary Dr about looking into some other way, that i have BiPaP induced centrals. Got myself referred to a Sleep Dr. and have tried the ASV machine.
What I am saying is, I want what you have!
I am looking forward to some real sleep!
Thank all of you for sharing all of this, more reason that i need to make this therapy work for me.
Shift Worker.

The wait is the worst. I figured out some 10or more years ago that I had sleep apnea. I could not do anything financially about it, so I did not even bother to find out about how severe the effects could be. Last summer I got a referral to a sleep clinic for an evaluation in July. I received an APAP in late march this year. His is the most significant and healthful thing I have ever done in my life health wise. It's positive effects ripple through my entire life. But this waiting 2-3 months between stepsin the medical process is horse crap.

Hang in there it's worth the wait!
Post Reply Post Reply
-Definitely a more positive and stable mood Smile
-No more "brain fog," this makes a huge difference for me
-Increased driving safety (no fighting to keep my eyes open)
-I have reduced the amount of epilepsy medication with no negative effects so far (don't take this as medical advice, this is just me, experimenting. How low can I go kinda thing. No, my doctor doesn't know about this and I don't plan to tell him.)
-Fighting with a stuffed and runny nose all night is a thing of the past. This used to bug me a lot.
-I like getting up in the morning and feeling like I just hiked in the mountains because of the way my lungs have been pumped full of oxygen.

On the flip side of unexpected results, I'm getting wrinkles from the mask/straps. I keep changing masks to even out the "damage" across the face and try to embrace it as "character."

Cool post, TASmart!
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread is a trip down memory lane.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 164 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Could I benefit from going to BiPap VAuto? vinhuard 29 1,685 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: vinhuard
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Apparent worsening of symptoms during minor illness TryingToGetItRight 0 255 09-18-2023, 11:39 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,011 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.