Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] My New Personal Record
My New Personal Record
Today I achieved my new personal record since I began managing my metrics to minimize OSA primarily and Hypopnea secondarily.

OSA = 0.14 with only one OSA event.

Hypopnea = 0.41 with only three events.

So that is only four of what I call Obstructive or Reductive events.

My Clear Airway events were also low last night with only three events, thus supporting Great Uncle Bill's contention, that they would come down together.

However, i am far more concerned about the Obstructive/restrictive events than the central events, so therefore far happier about the former.

Last night was my 59th night of PAP therapy, so if a newbie is one with less than two months of experience then I am still a Newbie.

My Kaiser Home Sleep Test results were an AHI of 40 on my back, so severe apnea, and an AHI of 7 on my side, so mild apnea.

My worst sleepyhead results were on my first day of PAP with an OSA of 4.82 and Hypopnea of 1.28, so a combined Obstructive index of about six. For the AHI diehards, my AHI was 13.87, and today it was 0.95.

I have tried to stay off of my back, and on my sides for the last 59 days.
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My New Personal Record
Wow, that's pretty good Netskier...

Congrats
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Well-done
.......................................................................................................
When started the therapy some 15 months ago AHI used to be between 5 and 10 because of poor mask fit/choice but now mostly below 1 or 1.5
For me it can vary how I feel every day it can good one day and crap the next even with AHI 0.0 .......................................................................................................
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2012, 09:48 PM)zonk Wrote: Congrats Well-done
.......................................................................................................
When started the therapy some 15 months ago AHI used to be between 5 and 10 because of poor mask fit/choice but now mostly below 1 or 1.5
For me it can vary how I feel every day it can good one day and crap the next even with AHI 0.0 .......................................................................................................

Yeah. I have quite a bit of daily variability on the SleepyHead Zombie-to-Awesome scale too, and I intend to study the factors that contribute to this next. I still seem to be feeling better week to week. I think my Autoset more or less solved my OSA within a week, but I am still learning how to sleep with a mask, hose, and APAP. I think this process is mainly habituation, plus learning more tricks to increase comfort while sleeping with PAP gear.
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,572 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 530 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 448 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  Record full night of SpO2 data from smartwatches ? BillSteamshovel 4 615 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 5 5,280 01-29-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: robertiv
  [CPAP] Resmed 10 Vpap doesnt properly record sleep data elijah1223 7 1,169 01-28-2022, 11:37 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  My Sleep Record according to my (not so) Smart Samsung Watch S. Manz 18 2,473 12-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: ScottZZZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.