Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] NeilMed Sinus Rinse
NeilMed Sinus Rinse
I hate to start a blog by dropping a name, it makes it seem like I'm advertising the brand. But the NeilMed Sinus Rinse really is the only device in its class.

I accidentally left mine at a hotel last weekend, and I really missed it when I got home. I have a cold and wasn't able to rinse my sinuses Sunday night, or the following morning. I picked up a new one after work on Monday, went home and used it. What a relief! It works better than any medicine you can take for a cold.

You can find it on the shelf of just about any drug store next to the sinus medicine. I use mine whenever I have a cold or some congestion.

I started rinsing my sinuses about 18 years ago when, after endoscopic sinus surgery, my doctor told me I had to do it three times a day. I followed the directions, mixed up some salt and warm water, forced it into a bulb syringe, and squirted it up my nose while leaning over the bathroom sink. About 10 years later this NeilMed product came on the market. It's a huge improvement over the bulb syringe as it puts a much larger volume of water into the nose. And you don't need to buy the NeilMed packages of saline, just mix up some table salt and baking powder in about a 4:1 ratio and you're good to go.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NeilMed Sinus Rinse
Yep. I use their solution packet with the Ayr bottle.

I don't use it daily, just when sinus issues pop up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I have my Nettie Pot and use it regularly. Especially when I first started CPAP and ended up with runny nose, congestion, sneezing. My Nettie helped a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any method of nasal lavage is effective, and when you find the one that works for you, stick with it. Good on you, folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 02:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I hate to start a blog by dropping a name, it makes it seem like I'm advertising the brand. But the NeilMed Sinus Rinse really is the only device in its class.
[Image: Flo%20Sinus%20Care%20Starter%20Kit_0.jpg?itok=8zFlNMNT][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr1nMOy42ORIWL-Y16vvj...MGPsdbFnOQ]

Post Reply Post Reply
After my latest nasal polyps removal, I was instructed to use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse twice a day. After 6 months, I was told to cut back to once a day. After another 6 months, I was told I could quit; however, I'd become accustomed to it's use and affects so I continue to use it. Recently, while having a senior moment, I broke down and ordered the motorized pump (shown below). While it's effective, I found it to be a waste of money. [Image: banner_sinugator.gif]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes me want to grab my nose and shake my head like a 18 month year old being shown that strained peas are for breakfast.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There's now a proliferation of NeilMed products, so you do have to be careful. Get the original. It costs about $10 at Walgreens.

The one I bought on Monday came filled with a solution. Advertised as "ready to use". Since it wasn't warm I just dumped it down the sink and filled it with warm water.

I wasn't aware of that Aussie brand, Zonk. We don't get that brand up top. (That's the opposite of down under, right?)
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 09:30 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I wasn't aware of that Aussie brand, Zonk. We don't get that brand up top. (That's the opposite of down under, right?)
Yes. I've used both and buy whats on special or cheaper at the time

From Steven Y. Park, M.D "un-stuffing your nose" ebook (post #8)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...tuffy-Nose
Here's simple saline recipe (0.9% isotonic) that you can make on your own:
1 teaspoon canning/picking salt (not table salt)
pinch of baking soda (not baking powder)
2 cups of lukewarm water

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 02:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yep. I use their solution packet with the Ayr bottle.

I don't use it daily, just when sinus issues pop up.

DITTO

It's great stuff and works wonders.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 529 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Sinus issues during therapy befoulmetalroosa 1 358 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sinus infection / recovering from surgery rpierce 0 388 08-24-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Humidity and Sinus Infection Columbiabill 2 614 06-04-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New user with sinus headaches SnoNoMo 6 947 04-20-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constant sinus headache getzall 3 575 02-20-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: getzall
  [CPAP] Nasal/sinus issue stargazing 30 2,914 12-23-2022, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stargazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.