Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed - problems with nasal pillows
Newly diagnosed - problems with nasal pillows
Well i do not know where to start first or i am 70 years young was a firfighter all my working life had a quaddrouply bypass 10 years ago even back than as i sit and recall I use to get these shocks like i was being electroquted not sure where that came from but they are back. I have an a pap a res-med c9 set at 13. rampted from 7 seems to work good last report was i had leakage of 31 % i tightned up the mask and got it down to 24 now i am changing masks again I have a whole bag of masks I love the nasal pillow but they do not like me 2 nights and my nose is feeling like it was raped and i even use baby lotion it seems to help.At this point i am not sure if it is my heart or my sleep apnea thats got me confused..wayner
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! Just Diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea
(12-02-2014, 07:20 PM)wayne laverdure Wrote: Well i do not know where to start first or i am 70 years young was a firfighter all my working life had a quaddrouply bypass 10 years ago even back than as i sit and recall I use to get these shocks like i was being electroquted not sure where that came from but they are back. I have an a pap a res-med c9 set at 13. rampted from 7 seems to work good last report was i had leakage of 31 % i tightned up the mask and got it down to 24 now i am changing masks again I have a whole bag of masks I love the nasal pillow but they do not like me 2 nights and my nose is feeling like it was raped and i even use baby lotion it seems to help.At this point i am not sure if it is my heart or my sleep apnea thats got me confused..wayner
Hi wayne,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might want to see your doc about the tingling feeling if you haven't already done that.
As far as pillows making your nostriles soar, getcha some HPA Lanolin. It is very thick, so just dab a "little" bit into your nostriles with a q-tip and that should help with the soarness and, might give you a better seal, too. You can find the HPA Lanolin at most stores in the baby isle. Edit: The HPA Lanolin doesn't have any patrolium in it. The mask manufacturerers don't recommend using anything with patrolium, because it could break down the mask cushions. they don't last long enough as it is, no need to hasten their demise any sooner than you have to, (Ha-Ha,) end edit.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [split] Newly diagnosed
Welcome.

Search the forum for posts from me (HerbM) and the word 'lanolin'

I have written many posts on making pillow masks work despite irritation of the nose and how to avoid that irritation -- lanolin is only ONE of the ways but the word is unique enough to help you find those posts when combined with my user name as the source.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2014, 07:20 PM)wayne laverdure Wrote: had a quaddrouply bypass 10 years ago even back than as i sit and recall I use to get these shocks like i was being electroquted not sure where that came from but they are back.

This may be a reach, but have you talked with your cardiologist about feeling these shocks? Did they start after your bypass? It brings the question to my mind as to whether they implanted a cardioverter defibrillator at the time of the surgery - your cardiologist should be able to answer that. May not be that at all - just a thought.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 08:32 PM)FredBearman Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 07:20 PM)wayne laverdure Wrote: had a quaddrouply bypass 10 years ago even back than as i sit and recall I use to get these shocks like i was being electroquted not sure where that came from but they are back.

This may be a reach, but have you talked with your cardiologist about feeling these shocks? Did they start after your bypass? It brings the question to my mind as to whether they implanted a cardioverter defibrillator at the time of the surgery - your cardiologist should be able to answer that. May not be that at all - just a thought.

OK guys sorry for the delay I have been out of the country and my breathing has improved one hundred percent I have also gon to a resmed S-9 autose where i have it set at a min of 7 and a max of 13 most if not all of the shocking symptoms have left ,My buddy Garth says its fight or flight tells me i was starving for oxygen air nor that i am on auto set this is correcting the problem I have also goon from the nasal masks to a phillips AMARA full face mask in medium and am about to try the small.At first i used a large,and that was to large was going from the bottom of my chin to above the bridge in my nose,Now the medium is digging into the bridge of my nose and i have a scar to prove it.Not sure what else to try.PS i am looking for a program that i caqn download to my laptop so that i can read my sd card in my resmed S-9 autoset Take care and breath well Wayner
Laugh-a-lotDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed - problems with nasal pillows
Vette 58, Have you downloaded the Sleepyhead software yet to read your data?

With respect to the nasal pillows, myself I had to increase the size to avoid the irritation in the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 08:57 PM)trailrider Wrote: Vette 58, Have you downloaded the Sleepyhead software yet to read your data?

With respect to the nasal pillows, myself I had to increase the size to avoid the irritation in the nose.

I gave up on the nasal pillows and went with the full face mask phillips AMARA and i find that i have less leakage with this outfit as far as downloads go I downloaded the one for the res-med but i haven't figured out how to open or use it as of yet,If you do know how to use it any information would be helpfull thank you very much vette59jdwl
Oh-jeezDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/
Try the Sleepyhead software hosted by this site. Most of us here use it to monitor our own sleep events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,864 5 minutes ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 14 243 3 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 250 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 268 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 141 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 347 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 364 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.