Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Health Net and ASV
RE: Health Net and ASV
Although I've yet to even see a sleep doc (Tuesday), I've tried to get a bit familiar with OSA and CSA, both CSR and non-CSR, as well as Complex. So I'll hopefully understand whatever my study diagnoses. I've also acquired and studied the ResMed Clinical Guides for the CPAP and CPAP AutoSet (both E0601, CPAP), S and AUTOV (both E0470, Bilevel), and ST and ASV (both E0471, Bilevel with backup breathing rate). As a tech guy, I understand their different modes of operation. The AirCurve ASV is the only one that allows PS to vary throughout the night and with ASV Auto engaged, the machine has control over EPAP, as well as PS and hence IPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2015, 12:42 PM)iSnore Wrote: Although I've yet to even see a sleep doc (Tuesday), I've tried to get a bit familiar with OSA and CSA, both CSR and non-CSR, as well as Complex. So I'll hopefully understand whatever my study diagnoses. I've also acquired and studied the ResMed Clinical Guides for the CPAP and CPAP AutoSet (both E0601, CPAP), S and AUTOV (both E0470, Bilevel), and ST and ASV (both E0471, Bilevel with backup breathing rate). As a tech guy, I understand their different modes of operation. The AirCurve ASV is the only one that allows PS to vary throughout the night and with ASV Auto engaged, the machine has control over EPAP, as well as PS and hence IPAP.

Right.

Also check out the Philips Respironics System One BiPAP AutoSV Advanced with Heated Tube. It has far more settings and is more configurable (and misconfigurable) than the ResMed ASV models.

The PRS1 BiPAP Auto also adjusts PS, but very slowly, such as perhaps 1 cmH2O per few minutes, in order to minimize Flow Limitation and RERAs. The corresponding ResMed AirCurve 10 Auto uses fixed (manually adjusted) PS. Because the standard bi-level Auto machines do not adjust PS quickly, they cannot treat sudden central apneas.

An ASV machine will adjust PS very quickly, perhaps from its min to its max in just a few seconds, to do for us all the work of breathing if we suddenly stop our breathing effort.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2015, 11:20 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 12:42 PM)iSnore Wrote: Although I've yet to even see a sleep doc (Tuesday), I've tried to get a bit familiar with OSA and CSA, both CSR and non-CSR, as well as Complex. So I'll hopefully understand whatever my study diagnoses. I've also acquired and studied the ResMed Clinical Guides for the CPAP and CPAP AutoSet (both E0601, CPAP), S and AUTOV (both E0470, Bilevel), and ST and ASV (both E0471, Bilevel with backup breathing rate). As a tech guy, I understand their different modes of operation. The AirCurve ASV is the only one that allows PS to vary throughout the night and with ASV Auto engaged, the machine has control over EPAP, as well as PS and hence IPAP.

Right.

Also check out the Philips Respironics System One BiPAP AutoSV Advanced with Heated Tube. It has far more settings and is more configurable (and misconfigurable) than the ResMed ASV models.

That's one thing I've noticed about the AirCurve ASV--very little tweakablility even compared to the bilevel VAUTO. Fine if you want everything automatic.

(04-11-2015, 11:20 AM)vsheline Wrote: The PRS1 BiPAP Auto also adjusts PS, but very slowly, such as perhaps 1 cmH2O per few minutes, in order to minimize Flow Limitation and RERAs. The corresponding ResMed AirCurve 10 Auto uses fixed (manually adjusted) PS.

An ASV machine will adjust PS very quickly, perhaps from its min to its max in just a few seconds, to do for us all the work of breathing if we suddenly stop our breathing effort.

This is good to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 143 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 297 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 361 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP, dry mouth, and poor oral health Liteheart1 10 1,853 09-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  Sleep health tips needed StillHoping 5 1,051 01-21-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: StillHoping
  [Equipment] New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon mesmith9 9 1,401 01-13-2022, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dental Health Decline Under CPAP Use Phil7 11 1,612 09-30-2021, 09:25 AM
Last Post: NelsonM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.