Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] OSCAR Screenshot - Please help
OSCAR Screenshot - Please help
Hello. Can anyone help? I've been on APAP for a while now. My minimum pressure range was set to 4 to 20. However I didn't get on with this as I felt I was suffocating when first putting my mask one.

After discussion with my sleep clinic the pressure range was set to 6 to 20. This seemed to work fine but I would wake up to hear myself groaning and sometimes snoring.

After further discussion with sleep clock my pressure range was to be set from 8 to 20. I decided to take this slowly and increased this minimum pressure to 7.4

The next day I felt so ill. I could barely function as a human being. I felt sick and my brain felt stuck. I wouldn't have felt safe to drive.

I spoke with the sleep clinic and they just said to turn the pressure back down again.

I'm trying to understand why increasing the pressure would have such a profound effect on my health and well being.

My AHI is low and typically below 3. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea so can't understand why this impacted me so much.

Please could someone have a look at the screenshot and tell me if they can spot anything unusual?

I'm happy to share data. I just want to try to get to the bottom of this.

I should mention that I was on CPAP for a while and when I was on that I had a similar reaction. Feeling ill and not being able to concentrate and function properly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Screenshot - Please help
I just noticed this. That doesn't seem normal. Weird pressure reading for the date..

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that same string of weird numbers appears along the top of the pressure summary too. I don't know why it's there, but the daily chart is quite clear about your actual pressures throughout the night.

I'm not sure why you felt so awful after the night with a minimum 7.4, especially given that your median pressure appears consistently to be higher than that. It's always possible it's a coincidence.

But what you can try is going back down to a pressure you know was OK for you, then going up by .2 increments, spending at least 2 nights at each new minimum.

Keep us posted, would you? At some point, when things have stabilized better for you, I will be curious how you'd do with EPR of 3 rather than 2. But one thing at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Zooming into my flow rate this looks to be my typically breathing but in the next few posts it looks a bit odd.

Can anyone help?

This looks different

Also this

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2020, 09:16 AM)markbrown Wrote: I just noticed this. That doesn't seem normal. Weird pressure reading for the date..

PM sent.  I'd like to see your SD card to reproduce this problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
post a daily screenshot Mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daily screenshot 18052020

Feeling better than last Friday but still tired all day.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone explain these spikes and troughs in my flow rate.

Seems fine then goes all over the place.

I don't understand these data. I was wondering if it is something to be concerned about?

Post Reply Post Reply
At around 12:26, you have some irregular breathing that looks to me like an arousal. Then later, I think what you're seeing is the result of flow limitations.

Speaking of which ... you have a fairly busy flow limitation graph. This suggests that you might benefit from increasing your EPR from 2 to 3. To compensate, you would raise your minimum by 1. This could induce more central events, so let's keep an eye on that.

Ultimately, you would probably benefit from raising your minimum higher than 7.2, to head off obstructive events and maybe help a little more with flow limitations. But one thing at a time.

I don't have anything approaching the expertise of others on this forum, but I do think these changes are quite modest and worth trying. The experts can review the results and counsel you on further adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2020, 11:00 AM)markbrown Wrote: Can anyone explain these spikes and troughs in my flow rate.

Seems fine then goes all over the place.

I don't understand these data. I was wondering if it is something to be concerned about?

Give us a screen shot of the flow rate chart fully expanded
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 370 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New User - Help with Settings with OSCAR Screenshot JohnHornbuckle 10 1,062 04-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask Chalkie 60 5,539 12-17-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next? legrunt 40 3,382 11-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: legrunt
Sad Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac gregoryalter 6 848 02-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: gregoryalter
  Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot Cool 2 759 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Cool
  Been using DreamStation 2 years, still feeling fatigue (screenshot from Oscar) Octave 1 945 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.