Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] OSCAR Screenshot - Please help
RE: OSCAR Screenshot - Please help
Like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
yes

now.....put you cursor on the "CA" flag in the [top chart labeled events flags] a little red box will highlight the flag and say, clear air way or something else depending on what CPAP machine OSCAR is reading. Click on the event to show the event in the flow rate chart... Once the flag shows up in the flow rate chart, sometimes you have to use the left and right arrows on your keyboards to bring into full view. Now that your flow rate chart is fully expanded, you can see your CA's and tell if they are considered a legit Central, if breathing stops for at least 10 secondsif it is legit, if not, it's an awaking/arousal. Awaking/arousal can trigger a flag and are not legit events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great thanks. If I have all these unflagged awakenings/arousal that could explain why I'm tired all the time as I'm simply not getting enough sleep.

Something else I picked up on this morning...

I woke up early and was drifting in and out of sleep.

It seems to me when I breath in I'm fine but when I breath out my throat is partially collapsing and I make a groaning sound.

I therefore get the impression that the pressure isn't high enough when I exhale.

I looked up APR last night as I didn't understand what it means and it turns out that this setting reduces pressure when you breath out.

This would make sense as it's doing exactly what I describe...the pressure doesn't seem to be high enough when I breath out.

I think tonight I will reduce APR to 1 and see how that works out.

I assume this isn't a dangerous thing to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2020, 05:00 AM)markbrown Wrote: Great thanks. If I have all these unflagged awakenings/arousal that could explain why I'm tired all the time as I'm simply not getting enough sleep.

Something else I picked up on this morning...

I woke up early and was drifting in and out of sleep.

It seems to me when I breath in I'm fine but when I breath out my throat is partially collapsing and I make a groaning sound.

I therefore get the impression that the pressure isn't high enough when I exhale.

I looked up APR last night as I didn't understand what it means and it turns out that this setting reduces pressure when you breath out.

This would make sense as it's doing exactly what I describe...the pressure doesn't seem to be high enough when I breath out.

I think tonight I will reduce APR to 1 and see how that works out.

I assume this isn't a dangerous thing to do?

EPR "exipratory pressure relief" comfort setting.... supposed to be better than flex which you have on your ResMed. Flex is on Philips Respronics dreamstations like mine. It's not dangerous, just holds back pressure on your exhale. Try the EPR a notch higher. For now you have to acclimate to your machine... try and not do adjust too soon even though your AHI seems high to you. This is how I managed my events down from say..15 down to under 10... it took a couple of months. We need to be patient and let our lungs adjust to the pressures. You'll get there mate. For now.... start low... and gradually ramp up. I did by .5 cm at a time... after about 3 or 4 four days... another .5 cm's. Eventually I came down on OA's but when I reached 9 my centrals went up. I went back down to 8 and the CA's still come through. I have to have a 2nd sleep study done with titration (test for blood/oxygen concentration) on both APAP and BPAP. CPAP for Ins. Co. and BPAP to see how that helps C02 levels during exhale. BPAP is bilevel... IPAP and EPAP.. inhale and exhale. I stop breathing and that's why I explained the OSCAR graph breakdown. I rolled on my back the night before last..... WHAT A DISASTER ! I felt like crap all day. My head was in a cloud... balance wasn't in tune like normally, this bloke was hurting ! Last night I wore a pocketed t shirt on backward and put a toy dog ball in the pocket.. works way better than the shirt I had a pocket sewn in the middle of the back... the pocket on the backward pocketed t shirt was on my shoulder blade and as I rolled in my sleep it just prompts you rather than bites you and you basically just do a partial roll. Anyway you get the picture.

Sounds like you're snoring and your Obstructives  are quite managed yet. Might need a little bit more pressure. I bumped up mine a bit at a time... until I got my OA's managed but it tends to drive up CA's....so take your time.

I attached last nights OSCAR report. Notice 2 OA's and still have CA's...... and for most of the time they are 10 seconds or more. Night before last was the night I slept on my back. The first attachment is last night the second one is night before last. Even though the AHI is low really mean nothing for CA's in my case.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm dreaming again! I turned my EPR down to 1 to experiment and for the first time in a long time I've had really vivid dreams.

I'm now convinced part of my issue is to do the the EPR reducing pressure too much and this is causing my throat to collapse partially when I exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark,. Standard BiLevel titration is to first setyour EPAP pressure to treat obstructive (OA) events, then to add pressure support for other events keeping EPAP at the same pressure.
To do the same on a ResMed CPAP/AutoSet each increase in EPR must be accommodated with the same increase in pressure

When you see us not doing it we are trying to lower overall pressure which is successfully done because often pressure is set higher than necessary.. point is to be aware of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2020, 09:16 AM)markbrown Wrote: I just noticed this. That doesn't seem normal. Weird pressure reading for the date..

Thank you for your data.  I could not reproduce the failure in your data file but, with a stroke of fortune, I am now seeing the problem in my data for today.  So I have something to debug.

Thanks for your effort in uploading the files.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2020, 09:16 AM)markbrown Wrote: I just noticed this. That doesn't seem normal. Weird pressure reading for the date..

Do you load any data other than CPAP data into OSCAR?  Oximetry data?  Zeo or Somno... stuff?  And might anything other than CPAP data have been present on that day with the weird pressure readings?  If the answer is "yes," then this problem will be fixed in 1.1.1.  If it is "no," then your problem looks like it has a different source than the one I have just fixed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  New User - Help with Settings with OSCAR Screenshot JohnHornbuckle 10 1,059 04-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask Chalkie 60 5,534 12-17-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Chalkie
  Oscar screenshot. Can anyone advise whats next? legrunt 40 3,380 11-27-2021, 08:02 PM
Last Post: legrunt
Sad Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac gregoryalter 6 845 02-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: gregoryalter
  Noob - posting first OSCAR screenshot Cool 2 758 02-07-2021, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Cool
  Been using DreamStation 2 years, still feeling fatigue (screenshot from Oscar) Octave 1 945 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.