Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Path to spinal cord stimulant implant begins
Wishing you lots of luck and good health. By the way is there a switch for like walking mode, flying mode, Disco mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.
That may be on the Platinum edition, but my insurance won't cover that variant. As is, I've danced enough with insurance and the DME just to get the ASV machine, so I'll pass on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish you well Dave in this next step towards less pain in your back. I have an online friend who received one of these devices last year and did wonderfully with it. For her there were a few adjustments to their program of the device in the beginning but overall it gave her more pain relief than she had dreamed of having. May the same happen for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Much appreciated GrammaBear.

The plan is taking the form of the following: 1/17/18 a blood test to make certain I won't bleed out during the trial install, 1/18/18 arrive at facility 06:30 to check-in, however long procedure is, recovery, and go home, return the following Monday 1/22/18 to have trial edition removed and discuss results. Soon after that, we determine if this is a viable good direction (I'm already thinking I will be good with it) and then set appointment to do permanent edition along with discussion of any options such as MRI shielding and charging options. Following that, I emerge as the $6.00 man, capable of drinking pots of coffee in a single sitting yet without much back pain.

PS: As I understand it, the permanent edition will cover as much of the affected spinal area as needed to reduce pain as much as possible. That means pretty much everywhere as there are separate diseases involved affecting all 3 spinal group areas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Doctors use 3-D printer to custom-design implant for baby ApneaNews 7 2,812 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: DocWils