Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Path to spinal cord stimulant implant begins
RE: Path to spinal cord stimulant implant begins
I think it looks good. Couple of more days and you'll look like Bonjour.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(01-11-2019, 07:14 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think it looks good. Couple of more days and you'll look like Bonjour.

Great and thanks. Next, you'll tell me I'm older than dirt.

Dielaughing
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
OK elderly man river here with a bit of an update. Still with high-moderate pain. Not too bad considering that pain medication is Tylenol and Advil's generic forms. Recently, I saw my primary care physician regarding pressure sores on my tail. Now attending wound clinic for remedy. Doc also gave scripts for a hospital bed, power wheelchair, and a gel pad. Insurance company seems willing to pay, as long as I find an in-network DME supplier that has appropriate equipment. I'm almost weaned off Prednisone, the cause of the osteoporosis that allowed my vertebrae to become vulnerable to the compression fractures.

Alright folks, have a very safe from the cold weather evening.

lots-o-coffee
Dave

I'm not a doctor in real or fictional life. My posts include opinions based upon user experience regarding CPAP therapy and should not be considered medically professional direction or advice. Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a good first step. My recommended first steps include getting good walking shoes, 1 great cup of coffee, and a good GPS.

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
If your going to get a powered wheelchair check these out. [Image: 3IfCtod.jpg]
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(02-01-2019, 07:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK elderly man river here with a bit of an update. Still with high-moderate pain. Not too bad considering that pain medication is Tylenol and Advil's generic forms. Recently, I saw my primary care physician regarding pressure sores on my tail. Now attending wound clinic for remedy. Doc also gave scripts for a hospital bed, power wheelchair, and a gel pad. Insurance company seems willing to pay, as long as I find an in-network DME supplier that has appropriate equipment. I'm almost weaned off Prednisone, the cause of the osteoporosis that allowed my vertebrae to become vulnerable to the compression fractures.

Alright folks, have a very safe from the cold weather evening.

lots-o-coffee

Dude! you are a few years younger than I am, and if you call me "elderly" again I'm going to hide your Depends.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 07:50 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If your going to get a powered wheelchair check these out. [Image: 3IfCtod.jpg]

They're pretty cool looking. I'll have to opt for a tamer variation though. Gotta go lightweight as much as possible. Go Coca-Cola!

(02-01-2019, 08:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 07:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK elderly man river here...

Dude! you are a few years younger than I am, and if you call me "elderly" again I'm going to hide your Depends.

I'll be 50 in June FWIW. And I had to attempt those Depends, but couldn't fasten them. Right after surgery, back muscles spasms caused a control issue... Sorry TMI...
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, you are a lot more than a "few"  years younger.  Safe to say you never saw the 50s or the JFK administration, and missed the Beatles and early Rock and Roll.  I was in high school when you came around...
"elderly" pfffft!

Damn kids! Stay off my lawn! (groundhog day reference)

[Image: hBF38F65D]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hmm how about a shoutout for the movie Groundhog Day? Would have disliked repeating stuff like Bill Murray's character.

Coffee

Nope, no '50s, JFK, Beatles, and early rock n roll. ''Twas born in June 1969 in a suburb of DC.
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply
Groundhogs day I say. A new visit to a medical facility via ambulance to the ER for a dizziness and falling spell caused by over medication of heart meds (read ultra low BP) and the stomach virus. Attending physician removed those heart meds from my list, adding 2 others that prednisone caused me to have a deficiency of steroids in some way. BTW over medication was in following prescribed dosage but not necessary medication period.

So the last week was me livin' it up in Hotel Hospitalia

Coffee
Dave

Wiki Info for Beginners
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire Implant Candidate [Cigna insurance] jcrews9 29 3,127 07-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [News] Doctors use 3-D printer to custom-design implant for baby ApneaNews 7 3,132 05-24-2013, 04:54 AM
Last Post: DocWils

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.