Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] RESMED APAP tuning
RE: RESMED APAP tuning
Attached data from last 2 nights with EPR full time (no ramp). Trend is not getting any better. Still using low pillow and sleeping on right side. Any thoughts? Is 5 days of data enough for a valid trend?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried a soft cervical collar yet? Your events suggest your experiencing positional apnea and no amount of pressure will help solve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I did try a soft collar for several nights. It felt like it fit, but actually my ahi was higher both nights. I guess that means it wasn't fitting right. I'll keep trying to work on my positioning. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Soft collar needs to be pretty loose. It's often better to adjust it when you are laying down in your sleep position.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll try a bigger one. The one I had was fairly tight to start.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried several soft collars, and some worked pretty well.  Then I bought a child-size pillow with a raised area in the front that tips my head back slightly which solved my positional apnea altogether.  The pillow I have is no longer made but I have found a couple on Amazon that I think would work in a similar fashion.  Here are a couple of links:

https://www.amazon.com/MLILY-Adjustable-...127&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Hcore-Adjustable-...r=8-6&th=1
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I too had worse - MUCH worse - results from use of a SCC (hypopneas increased ten-fold). It's been suggested that this may have been because it was pushing into the soft area around my throat, rather than pushing the jaw up. I don't know how to prevent that, so I gave up on the SCC. Fortunately, pressure changes seem to have done the job instead - they have dropped my events to around zero.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah, I did buy the second of those pillows, the h core, and it's not bad. Unfortunately you can't wash it (only the cover), and the inserts all had a fragrance added, not the smell of the foam itself, but a fragrance on top. I left it out in my sunroom for over a week and it didn't change. I gave it to my son who doesn't care about that, but I just thought I'd let you know. I've been thinking about getting the mlily but I don't think I need it right now and it also says that is not washable. I've been taking my regular pillow and scrunching it up against the front so that it has more of a round edge, but maybe I could just find a half circle of foam to add in front or something. Oddly enough, I found the cheap $4 dorm pillows at Target to be my favorite at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 14 812 05-12-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with moving from Lowenstein APAP to Resmed Bi-Level WisNaeMe 7 428 05-11-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Resmed airsense 11 settings CPAP vs APAP Puffy cheeks 2 182 04-30-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to Apnea and APAP, looking for OSCAR feedback myklu 4 210 04-26-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: myklu
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,461 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 273 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 219 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.