Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What filter do you use for your CPAP?
This poll is closed.
Standard Filter from OEM
50.00%
10 50.00%
Hypoallergenic Filter from OEM
30.00%
6 30.00%
Filter from Another Manufacturer
15.00%
3 15.00%
Whatever's Available / Doesn't Matter
5.00%
1 5.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Health] ResMed Hypoallergenic Filter After 1 Month
RE: ResMed Hypoallergenic Filter After 1 Month
If you have a forced air central heating and cooling system you can use a MERV 11 or higher air filter and trap particulates and viral respiratory droplets down to a sub-micron level. That will help everyone in the household breathe cleaner air. They can be very economical to buy from some manufacturers who discount heavily and sell direct on line.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2021, 09:05 AM)mrmagloo Wrote: I think this needs to be read again.  Thread winner for sure.  These filters present a very clear picture of the real world air quality in that proximity. The additional benefit of the hypo filters are absolutely not to be dismissed. I can't fathom in any scenario outside of a bubble that folks would opt not to use them.

Very true.

(09-02-2021, 09:26 AM)RayBee Wrote: I agree with OpalRose.

I'm not sure how difficult it is to buy a HEPA filter where you live, but I just wrote a review on one we recently bought. And I love it. We have had a PM2.5 AQI of up to 270 recently with the local wildfires, and indoors our Levoit 400S would report a 30 AQI when first turned on. And you could smell the smoke. It would drop to 1 to 3 easily in less than an hour. And no more smoke smell.

Core 400S Levoit VeSync Smart True HEPA Air Purifier

Thanks for the review! Very helpful.

An air purifier is an expensive purchase considering the average income in my region, and is limited to a selection of Chinese brands (e.g. Xiaomi.) Even so, customer support and warranties are non-existent; replacement air filters are counterfeits of questionable filtration efficacy and HEPA "certification" even if the one that comes with the device is the real thing. I'm trying to find a solution that has some semblance of a "guarantee" of availability of genuine replacement filters. That's the primary concern.

(09-03-2021, 12:55 AM)LindanHotAir Wrote: If you have a forced air central heating and cooling system you can use a MERV 11 or higher air filter and trap particulates and viral respiratory droplets down to a sub-micron level. That will help everyone in the household breathe cleaner air. They can be very economical to buy from some manufacturers who discount heavily and sell direct on line.

This is a great idea. Central air conditioning in my region is rare, but I have purchased MERV 13 filters living in the US before, and it made a noticeable difference to the air quality in the house, particularly with pets present. Most regions in the US, though, have better air quality and home insulation than I have here to start with, not to mention central air filtration.

Unfortunately, members of the household (particularly those who are older) get uncomfortable if all the windows and doors to the rooms aren't left completely open 24/7 for "ventilation." There's no way even putting an air purifier in each individual room and cranking them up to maximum would make a difference, to say nothing of the power consumption.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just don't use the AB filter setting in your PAP menu when using the hypoallergenic filters. I made that mistake and it completely messes up OSCAR results. The VA gives my husband a bag of 50 at a time of the hypoallergenic filters and I usually dip into his supply.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the Resmed hypoallergenic filters is there a particular side that has to be on the inside/outside?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can discern a fuzzier side, that would be the first stage filtration. Then the tighter fiber side would be the secondary smaller particulate filtration.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder.. I'll go change my filter. It's overdue....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,020 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.