Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Sleep Quality
RE: Sleep Quality
In presence of your leaf-blower-like leakage the only data you can rely is the leak rate ... Must have been a terrible night.
Post Reply Post Reply
It was a lovely night. I woke up. I couldn't tell the mask had leaked.

My first cpap was a brick I used for 8 years. My second cpap was another brick. I used it for 3? years. Then I bought a used ResMed 9E and finally had a card I could read.

Those first two bricks were prescribed and order filled by sleep docs in Ontario Canada.Noisy fans with hoses attached to a mask. My experience? Sleep docs don't care how you feel.

The only way I knew was to look at the face of my apap. AHI=0.0 Hurray. Smiley face for leakage? Nope.

Thank heaven we have OSCAR. And people here who help.

What caused my leakage? Darned if I know.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
@multicast

Thanks for your comment. Truly.

I find that if I sleep longer I'm better off. I also find that I can't tell how well I slept, how well my cpap therapy went. I think that OSA therapy with cpap is a money pit.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2022, 12:22 AM)Brazen Wrote: Oof.
Perfect by the very flawed sleep industry standard.
That standard and the fact that most sleep docs would never even look at your leak rate is so incredibly frustrating to me.

If it's so medically important to treat sleep apnea why don't the medical professionals look at effectiveness of the prescribed treatment?
What other medical intervention is prescribed without meaningful measurements of effectiveness?
It's like giving someone a medication to treat high blood pressure and then measuring their temperature to determine if it's working.

Aggravating racket.

Didn't do so well last night.

AHI was higher.

Used my old cervical collar, and that worked better.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Clearly I'm angry about OSA treatment I've had.  That's not healing.

Time to develop a more positive response.

Book:  The Emotion Code

Just a suggestion.  It helps me a lot.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep quality has been better using my S10 as a cpap, and using my soft cervical collar.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep quality. Oh my. My F&P Evora Full leaks like a sieve. Horrible leakage. I need to find a replacement.
Last couple of nights I've been up 3-4 times. Picked up an infection doing a day procedure in hospital.

Last night I put my ResMed N30i on. Woke up in two hours and my AHI was 10.0. That was with a cervical collar.

I wish that the people that designed all the crap we use would have to wear it themselves every night, 8 hours straight.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. I use the Resmed P10 and have done so since it was first released, but I could sure use some extra cushion now to seal around the edges. I have rhinophyma and my nose has become irregular in a sort of Karl Malden way. If this progresses, i will be forced to look for an alternative as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a brand new still sealed in bag N20 ResMed mask. Put it on. Used my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap over top. Payed careful attention to Larry's video. Did up the velcro at the back.(Hint. I thought it was set-it-and-forget-it. Instead I think that it's meant to keep the darn cap from sliding down over my eyes! I was careful to have it lower on the back of my skull and TIGHT.)

First night since my hospital visit/infection that I was able to get up just once! I feel better. Roto Router Doc was looking for...who knows what. I had a couple of nights that I was up 3-4 times a night with no sleep in between with all my gear on.

Calling my pharmacist today; she had said don't use flomax...and keep taking antibiotics.

So many steps necessary to get a good night's sleep.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider.

I'm impressed with the F&P Evora Full full face mask. It's the only mask I've regularly used without having claustrophobia. But it has such a narrow sweet spot...I look at my OSCAR charts and it's ok for about an hour and a half. Then goes all to heck. Talking about 70% leakage. It's a leaf blower.

Clearly my treatment is just awful when that happens.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 113 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 158 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 796 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 233 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 312 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 267 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.