Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Still Sleepy
RE: Still Sleepy
Thanks for all the info, it helps me a lot. I realize that my hands are tied to a large degree by not being able to see data other than the LCD screen, but it is what it is for now. I've a new mask coming shortly which will hopefully lower my leak rates. Last night's leak rate was 0.60L/s. Which is in line with the numbers I was seeing just sitting with the mask on, watching my current leak rate.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2013, 04:47 AM)me50 Wrote: It was information about the leak rate at 20% pressure of the mask I ordered on Oct 15 and am still waiting for
The phrase "leak rate at 20% pressure of the mask" makes no sense. Pressure is measured in cm H2O.

Leak Rate is measured in L/min or L/sec.

What are you measuring 20% of????
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2013, 12:00 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Thanks for all the info, it helps me a lot. I realize that my hands are tied to a large degree by not being able to see data other than the LCD screen, but it is what it is for now. I've a new mask coming shortly which will hopefully lower my leak rates. Last night's leak rate was 0.60L/s. Which is in line with the numbers I was seeing just sitting with the mask on, watching my current leak rate.
Hi Peter
If my math correct ... 0.60 L/s = 36 L/m
Last night my 95% leak was 28.8 L/m and maximum 43.2 L/m
Checking ResScan leak graph, most of the night leak line was at the lower end and few spikes here and there
The spikes indicate mouth breathing even with chinstrap, I did wake up with slightly dry mouth but don,t believe the night was compromised due to the median leak being low at 2.4 L/m

Post Reply Post Reply
New mask should arrive today. Last night's leak rate was 0.56L/s. Consistent, but too high it appears. Hopefully the new mask will drop it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 591 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 394 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 353 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,123 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 510 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross Forever sleepy - help! mjw423 7 848 05-14-2023, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  [CPAP] Too Sleepy's Therapy Thread Too Sleepy 23 2,262 02-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.