Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Suggestions to improve my settings
Suggestions to improve my settings
Hello everyone,

I hope you had a good night sleep. I'm the new one. Smile

I'm complete new to the game: I was constantly tired, almost fell asleep in my chair at the office and in front of my pc in the evening, went to the sleep lab and *SURPRISE* was diagnosed with sleep apnea:
AHI 56
RDI 8
AI 33
HI 23
average O2: 92%
lowest O2: 69%

I started with my Resmed Airsense 11 and the MyAir app. Things weren't too bad but I really don't trust the stats of the MyAir app.

That's why I installed Oscar (love it) to get to know sleep with the APAP machine  a bit better.

Since sleeping with my APAP machine I feel way better, less sleepy during the day. It's better but not perfect.

The question I have: according to Resmed's MyAir app I'm doing perfectly fine. Looking at the Oscar charts: Am I really?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suggestions to improve my settings
Follow these instructions for organizing your OSCAR charts:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You can trust the results from myAir, they're just not as detailed as what you get from OSCAR.

An example would be leaks. You are wearing a nasal mask and it's common for air to sometimes leak out of your mouth, ruining your therapy. myAir will give you leak statistics, but you can still have good statistics despite a leak problem. What you have to do is look at your leak rate graph in OSCAR. If you see large chunks of time where the leak rate is elevated above the baseline, that could indicate mouth-leaking. There are several solutions but none work as as well as a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Karsten,

Your scan is pretty good for starting out.

My concern is the auto ramp:
I would increase the ramp pressure to around 9-10 cm, and
put a time 5 - 10 min.

With a higher ramp pressure hopefully you can better check for leaks.

I suspect the quick rise of pressure at beginning is due to the flow limitations and leaks when you fell asleep and the ramp turned off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome You are doing quite well for a beginner.  Keep it up!

You are topping out a lot at your maximum pressure setting.  You might want to raise your maximum pressure up to 18 and see how that goes.

During your sleep study did you have a lot of clear airway events?  If not the clear airways that you show now are probably treatment-emergent and will go away as you continue using your machine.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your valuable input.

According to MyAir Leak shouldn't be an issue. I guess I should be good here.

Oscar looks good too, only 2 outliers. I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks Sleepster.

I'll try increasing the ramp pressure from 7 to 9 and set a 10 min timer coming from auto. Thank you KeepSmiling.

The doc working at the sleep lab already mentioned that I needed pretty a high pressure. I'll increase the max pressure from 16 to 18. I couldn
't find anything about clear airway events on my datasheet, sorry. Thanks Deborah K.

Looking forward to test the new settings. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the ramp pressure back to previous value. It felt way better.

The slightly increased pressure seems to be benefitial. Looks like I'm not hitting the limit. Leak rate looks good too. Should I be concerned about that higher AHI after 6am? I'll keep the settings now for a couple of days for more data. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 248 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,283 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 304 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 343 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 260 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.