Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Thanks!!!
Thanks!!!
Just gotta say thanks for the Clinician User Manual! I bumped my CPAP up a notch and it made all the difference in the world! I actually slept through the night for the first time in a very long time.

I have Fibromyalgia and one of the way it manifests is Pressure Induced Hives. I wake up every morning with hives all over my face and around the back of my head from the mask and headgear. But it was finally worth it last night because I slept through til 7am!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thanks!!!
Good job Dolly, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried a pillows mask, such as my favorite the Resmed P10? They are much less "invasive" as to covering your face and might eliminate a lot of the hive situation.

Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you mean the pressure from the mask (pressing on your face) rather than the pressure from the air (coming from the machine.

So if you can breath through your nose (and find a way to) keep your mouth closed then a nasal pillow mask is DEFINITELY worth trying.

There are two advantages for you -- over and above what everyone else experiences -- from these masks:

* Far less surface area pressing against your skin

* They don't need to be strapped tightly to your face so there is much less pressure (per square inch) on any one spot

To be fair, if it does give you hives you may find that less enjoyable right under your nose than all the way around your face, but that is something you would first have to try and then evaluate any reaction yourself.

Among nasal pillow masks, the P10 is a big favorite.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DollyJean,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you were able to sleep better since you moved your pressure up a bit.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.