Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] The apnea epidemic
RE: [Health] The apnea epidemic
I don't know why, but this made me laugh so hard. Too-funnylike

(04-20-2016, 05:13 PM)archangle Wrote: I guess if you could sleep with your head tilted back 90°, you wouldn't have OSA.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 04:01 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 01:19 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: What amazes me is that most of us are maybe one generation away from a long line of relatives who didn't have time to sit around worrying about their feelings, health, science, politics, or abstractions. They were in total survival mode but still managed to love and be loved. To enjoy what they could and to take things as they come. To be thankful for the good and not fret too much about the bad. Most were just tough and resilient. Most were just good people. We are too. Take heart. If you want to feel good about yourself; help somebody else.

ahhhh the "good" ole days..... don't forget the lower life expectancy. Some issues are more prevalent just because defective folk live longer.

Grampa has always snored and been laughed at, and people pretended Grandma didn't. There was no treatment. Now there is, so we are testing and treating and enjoying a better life. Please don't send me back to the "Good old days" IMO they were nothing of the sort! Smile

I agree; they weren't good old days.Smile

My statement was meant to show today's possibilities for happiness by helping one another. I'm not saying you said anything wrong. I've found I enjoy helping people.Smile If I keep talking I'm gonna throw up! Bye!

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 12:15 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: tmoody,

I think it is very viable hypothesis that modern lifestyle is at the root of our health issues. I think it is not as simple as a single silver bullet, but a combination of a lot of things, like lack of physical exercise actually doing something, like walking or running or hunting as compared to doing some boring repetitive motion in a air conditioned gym. The food has for decades been genetically modified (bred) for taste which is another way to say sugar content at the expensive of nutrition. We have move from being out in the sun working and making our D3 into offices with serious air quality issues and no sun, antibiotics recently came onto the scene and were originally sold to farmers as a way to get stock to market weight faster with less food costs - antibiotics result in significant weight gain and they are passed from our meat sources to us now. The list goes on and on. We can do many wonderful things today, but the bad thing is our food and health (in the US) is almost exclusively driven by a profit motive... not a health motive.

Can I get an AMEN! like
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's always been bad.

The difference is that people now know that it's dangerous to not breathe and there's a fix for it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 90 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 206 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 307 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  CPAP, dry mouth, and poor oral health Liteheart1 10 1,782 09-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,396 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.