Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Voice from the past
Voice from the past
Hello all. I have not been around for a while, good to see all the new folks as well as the veterans..:-)

I have been off CPAP for 3 months now, just had a terrible flu, getting over it now...
did an oximeter test last night, if anyone has a few minutes could you comment on the report attached?? I would be very grateful.

Storywizard

Attached Files
.pdf   Storywizard jan 26 2016.pdf (Size: 93.82 KB / Downloads: 309)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Voice from the past
Are you trying to brag? Smile I'm not a medical doctor, but in short, it looks like you're in good respiratory and probably even cardiovascular health. Your SP02 levels are pretty steady and hold in the 90s. There are a few "spikes" below 88%, which is the generally accepted "specification" for good nighttime SP02 levels, but these appear to be more artifactual (i.e. oximeter-related) than real features. Your average pulse is nice and low, which leads me to believe that you probably regularly exercise (or use beta blockers).

All in all, looks like you're doing great. I don't see much else to comment on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possum wrote: Are you trying to brag?

No not at all..lol

I am one of those folks who cannot adjust to CPAP so have had to find alternatives...but I find it is hard to get objective feedback from the medical community, so I humbly am asking for some here..SmileSmile

Thanks for the positive view, it is a wonder to me that I am doing so well...just shows what luck and persistence can do sometimes...

all the best, Sleep-well

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall, you were prescribed CPAP without a titration study, and ended up with severe complex CPAP induced central and mixed apnea. Last I heard you were trying to get a ASV machine, or had received one, and were trying to work out using it to optimize treatment. What happened?

I had not heard you were going to try and go untreated, but the results don't look so bad. There are numerous events and desats going on, but none are of a duration that seems to cause a major concern. How do you feel? Any alertness problems when driving or working?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there sleeprider..

RE complex CPAP induced central and mixed apnea: neither of my CPAP titration studies showed me as having central apneas, titration showed my OAs treated at 13cm so the docs and the machines have to agree to disagree on that one.. Cool

Going off the machine in October was like leaving a bad dream, i could sleep again. Later that month in a visit to my surgeon I mentioned that every fall/winter I get major fatigue and pre cold symptoms..he asked me if I had checked out SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder...Bingo!

The combination of getting deep sleep and the energy light have given me back most of my life, for a 65 year old male with chronic pain from arthritis I feel great! Wink
It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer...never a dull moment...Smile

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi storywizard,
Great to hear from you again,.
It will be interesting to see how you do in the summer, I’m glad to hear that you are sleeping well after all this time.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slept past noon- Oscar did not import data coolbranch 5 522 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Rainbow [CPAP] Experiencing hoarse, raspy voice with CPAP. Has anyone found a solution? HaL R 6 3,938 08-03-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: HaL R
  Past nights results Airsense 11 Sleepygrl 10 2,743 01-01-2022, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  Please help, pressure waking me up at night for past 2 weeks ReiVeee86 11 2,399 04-16-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Resmed CPAP won't let me fix the time & date. Says can't go into the past. Darkmatter 25 4,253 09-24-2020, 02:10 PM
Last Post: OldYamaha
  Increased Aerophagia "air into stomach" + Short Breath in past week. whysleep 2 1,036 02-06-2020, 04:32 PM
Last Post: whysleep
  Zeo Sleep Manager - how to erase past data & update firmware? camper2 0 968 07-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Last Post: camper2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.