Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] When did you start feeling the benefits?
When did you start feeling the benefits?
First of all thank you all!

I uped the pressure on my machine yesterday and slept so well! I am amazed that I could sleep well two nights in a row.

Now I am wondering, when did you start feeling the benefits of using the CPAP??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When did you start feeling the benefits?
....... you already did, Cat---

Good job on sleeping so well!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi catalina,
It's great to hear that you slept so well for the last couple nights and that raising your pressure a bit has helped.
I noticed improvements right away, but for others, it takes quite a while.
Good job, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2015, 11:44 AM)catalina Wrote: First of all thank you all!

I uped the pressure on my machine yesterday and slept so well! I am amazed that I could sleep well two nights in a row.

Now I am wondering, when did you start feeling the benefits of using the CPAP??

Very first night
:grin:
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Still waiting...
Post Reply Post Reply
Right away, I have not woken up chocking since I started , and I do feel more rested every morning.
Wished I would have started 10 yrs ago!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone is different, not unusual to feel great straight away since one been sick for a long time
But might take a bit of time, patience, and tinkering to sort everything out, finding the right mask is a good start

Post Reply Post Reply
I started feeling the benefits the day I knew insurance would pay for every penny.

As far as "feeling better", I never felt bad in the first place, so I am not expecting to feel any better.

But I eventually stopped nodding off in meetings and while watching TV, and while my car was pointed at bridge abutments. I also started thinking a lot clearer, and not like someone who got 3 hours of sleep every night. I also feel like my IQ went up about 35 points (it doubled!).

One thing that happened immediately, starting on the first night, was instant disappearance of nocturia, which I had had every single night for 5 years. This actually caused a small problem: now I would wake up and not want to get out of bed, which is quite different from needing to get out of bed because my back teeth were floating every 3 hours. For a time I thought I might be a little depressed because I didn't want to get out of bed, but its because I no longer had an urgency to, and was not compelled to, which means I could make a decision whether I wanted to or not.

I am also convinced that there are other countless benefits that I don't even see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the very first day! Woke up and was amazed at how awake I felt. Then I thought...wow...
I didn't get up last night to use the bathroom. Prior to CPAP, I was up every other hour.
It's been 6 months, and I still feel pretty good. But to be honest, you will have your good days and not so good days. It takes time to get your pressure right, and most of us do battle with our masks untill we find the right fit. Hang in there, it only gets better!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I woke without my usual headache and with far less body aches from the first day. I got rid of nocturia from the first day. These things have helped me get through some of the challenges such as puffy eyes, stuffy ears, mask issues, dislike of another cleaning/maintenance job... they all pale next to the immediate benefits.

I have been on since Nov 8 2014, so about 6mo now, and I am finally feeling less tired during the day. I notice that my dreaming patterns are still changing. I am starting to feel clearer mentally, but not all the time Big Grin Looking forward to more benefits.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,283 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 551 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.