Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: When do you take your statin?
This poll is closed.
Morning
25.00%
2 25.00%
Evening
25.00%
2 25.00%
Anytime
0%
0 0%
Never
50.00%
4 50.00%
Nobody's Business
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Health] When do you take your statin?
Question 
We seem to have thoroughly covered the statin topic to the point of beating a dead horse.

[Image: beatdeadhorse5_zps1efab1b2.gif]

So, I thought we needed a new thread.
When do you take your statin?

Morning?
Evening?
Throughout the day?
I don't
Decline to state.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't been on a statin for going on 2 1/2 years. Came off of this about 6 months after my bariatric surgery.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take mine at night (simvastatin aka Zocor). This is when my cardiologist and pharmacist both recommended.
Post Reply Post Reply

Same - at night - with the Niacin too - and the whole flushing thing? OH MY!!! TG for aspirin...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
We mostly recommend taking them in the evening, independent of food. It has been found to be the most efficacious time to take it and reap the maximum reward. I would , btw recommend taking fish oil, particularly Cod Liver Oil as well, as it will aid in driving down the cholesterol.
Post Reply Post Reply