Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] distilled water / ahi/events per hr
RE: distilled water question
(11-14-2014, 06:57 PM)OffroadToy Wrote: Thanks... i'll discard the unused water from now on.

Hi OffroadToy, welcome to the forum!

When I discard the unused distilled water (actually, I use "purified" water) I put it in a separate container for watering the house plants.

I think the distilled water is better for plants than tap water which tends to have minerals/salt.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 09:31 PM)OffroadToy Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 07:08 PM)zonk Wrote: Check if 7 is the usage hours
On my A10, events per hour (right below usage hours) is the same number as AHI number, further down of the sleep report

AHI include apnea (obstructive, central, unknown) and hypopnea

No... 7 wasn't usage hours.
On mine the events per hour and AHI numbers are never the same. Some of last nights numbers were:
Usage hrs-10.19 (i slept in) Sleep-on-pillow
Events per hr-7.0
AHI-2.7
Total AL-1.4
Central AL-0.3
Leak Rate-8L/Min

Anyone else here getting different numbers for AHI and events per hour on their AirSense 10 AutoSet? I would think since they have both show on the screen they shouldn't/wouldn't be the same. Dont-know
Okay, I got it ... I think Thinking-about
The top part of sleep report refer to last night data

Scroll down ... below "More Info", you can select the period, check 1 day is selected

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 10:14 PM)vsheline Wrote: I think the distilled water is better for plants than tap water which tends to have minerals/salt.
I think talking to plant is even better ... just ask prince Charles

Sorry ... I go and sit quietly in the corner
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 09:31 PM)OffroadToy Wrote: On mine the events per hour and AHI numbers are never the same. Some of last nights numbers were:
Usage hrs-10.19 (i slept in) Sleep-on-pillow
Events per hr-7.0
AHI-2.7
Total AL-1.4
Central AL-0.3
Leak Rate-8L/Min

Anyone else here getting different numbers for AHI and events per hour on their AirSense 10 AutoSet? I would think since they have both show on the screen they shouldn't/wouldn't be the same. Dont-know

The Events per hour may possibly also include CSR events and perhaps other things, like Large Leak events or Snore events?

What all is included in "Events per hour" would be a good question to ask ResMed Customer Service.

Or maybe it is just a SleepyHead thing. For comparison, you could look at the data using ResScan.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 10:24 PM)zonk Wrote: Okay, I got it ... I think Thinking-about

Scroll down ... below "More Info", you can select the period, check 1 day is selected

Thanks zonk... that explains it! My unit is set on 30 day so i assume i'm seeing an average... switching it to "one day" now shows ahi and events per hr the same. I didn't know i had the option of seeing different time periods... Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 11:16 PM)OffroadToy Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 10:24 PM)zonk Wrote: Okay, I got it ... I think Thinking-about

Thanks zonk... that explains it! My unit is set on 30 day so i assume i'm seeing an average... switching it to "one day" now shows ahi and events per hr the same. I didn't know i had the option of seeing different time periods... Thanks
Good job

btw, your leak 8 L/m is excellent
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: distilled water / ahi/events per hr
I get a CA or two once in a while though neither my home test nor the lab titration wired up showed I have Central Apnea.

I wouldnt worry unless I started getting a bunch of em most nights.

Heck Sleepy Head lists an event called a PRS1_0b event. Has three times in 76 days. Doesnt flag it though. Last one lasted 32 seconds. Encore never mentions it.

Respironics tech dept or any other dept in the company that builds the machine has any idea with that event is or have ever heard of it LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply
That Zonk thinks of everything, I knew there was an average involved but I couldn't tell where. I dump my distilled water out every day (wick the last drops) don't rinse and let air dry. Tank looks like new to this day. I wonder about extending the drain hole to the corner so it would empty better, I know there is a matching spot on the lid to seal it.
Good job learning all the variables involved OffroadToy, I can tell you will do well. Keep it up.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 01:13 AM)Doc J Wrote: That Zonk thinks of everything,
Aussie red wine and plenty of it

Louis Pasteur who discovered penicillin said 'A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world'

I think he was talking about Aussie wines Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2014, 10:42 PM)vsheline Wrote: What all is included in "Events per hour" would be a good question to ask ResMed Customer Service.

Or maybe it is just a SleepyHead thing. For comparison, you could look at the data using ResScan.

The OP is not using software, so what he's telling us is that the machine itself is reporting different numbers for the AHI and the events per hour.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 352 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,374 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.