Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] tossing and turning at night
tossing and turning at night
i constantly toss and turn at night keeping my partner awake is any one else having the same problem and how did u deal with it i have a res med s9 with humidifier set on about 8 with the humidifier set on 29d
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: tossing and turning at night
Welcome, andrewslorach, how long have you been on CPAP and were you tossing and turning before being on it? A lot of people toss and turn prior to be on CPAP, personally I used to but since starting on CPAP two and a half years ago it stopped after about the first 3 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi Tez have been using cpap for nearly 2 months and was toss and turning before that sleep therapist said i was down to about 2-5 apnea per hour from over 80 ph i though of using Valerian for some help have u heard for anyone doing that ??
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2013, 12:14 AM)andrewslorach Wrote: hi Tez have been using cpap for nearly 2 months and was toss and turning before that sleep therapist said i was down to about 2-5 apnea per hour from over 80 ph i though of using Valerian for some help have u heard for anyone doing that ??

Maybe you can google Valerian and read about it from a reliable source (not yahoo or something like that). It is supposed to be for insomnia and I don't know it would help with tossing and turning.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Valerian, I think it help a bit, it is only a herbal medication and non addictive so won't hurt you, do you have much stress in your life or at work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi andrewslorach,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You haven't been using the CPAP machine too long and it can take some time for your body to get used to this "new" way of sleeping. Just hang in there with it.
You could try valerian and see if it helps you, it is good for helping relaxation and sleep.
Best of luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a mistake to say herbal medications won't hurt you. There are better controls on medicines for dogs than herbal products for people.
For instance many products come from China and there are a lot of problems with food products from China right now. Go to your doctor if you're going to try anything, or be very careful. I would advise buying a small amount of anything new till you know how it effects you.
Tez62, you are a master member and I know you are speaking from legitimate experience.
I have had bad experiences with herbal products so I speak from a different perspective. I didn't mean to diss you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Andrew,

I've always been a pretty active sleeper...pre-CPAP and post. I think I am a little less active now, but my body still likes to change things up, even though I am getting some restful sleep.

There are lots of reasons you could be an active sleeper (sleep apnea being but one reason). If you have a "hot spot" in your mattress, it can put some pressure on your body and result in movements, getting a draft, light sources...a lot of different reasons.

If you haven't done it for a while, a flip or rotation of your mattress might be something to try....probably a flip for a start...just to try to rule out the bed being the source.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Andrew
Since started CPAP and sleeping better, I,m no longer toss and turn as before. I find Activa LT nasal mask works quite for me well as the cushion designed to adapt to sleep position changes and having chinstrap helps keep the mask in place
Everyone is different , trial and error to find the right mask
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2013, 06:23 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi Andrew
Since started CPAP and sleeping better, I,m no longer toss and turn as before. I find Activa LT nasal mask works quite for me well as the cushion designed to adapt to sleep position changes and having chinstrap helps keep the mask in place
Everyone is different , trial and error to find the right mask

ANd here I thought we were having Activia Yogurt for a snack! I am laughing at myself.

I think I have always been a pretty still sleeper, especially with 2-3 dogs, and, while I have never tried Somnapure, everyone that I know that tried it said it worked great and they didn't even take the full prescribed does (this is over the counter).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 785 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,483 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,623 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night piratekitty 16 1,594 12-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: piratekitty
  Newbie - Stuffy nose turning me into mouth breather Bert S 16 1,849 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Bert S

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.