Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heart BPM
Heart BPM
Is it normal for the Heart BPM to go lower when you are on CPAP? I wore an Oxygen and BPM meter and it beeps when it goes to the abnormal level. I set mine at 50 and beeps at that point and below. When it startles me and I wake up it goes up to 65 to 67,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heart BPM
It's normal for heart BPM to go lower when you sleep. Turn off the alarms unless you specifically need them. That way you can review after the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
@joe7323, everyone's normal will likely be different. But to give you some context my BPM (pulse) numbers for last night were: High:92, Average:59, Low:46. Which is a fairly typical night for me. My lowest reading is usually just a quick drop (a few seconds maybe), then it goes back up to average. And it may only drop that low once or twice a night. If you spend a lot of time in your low range you should probably discuss it with your Dr.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My resting during the day is 65, sleeping on cpap I hit 55 often.....
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
Lower numbers are to be expected during rest and sleep scenarios. That may be a normal number for you. If you are concerned that it's not normal, ask the doc about it. Mine is normally in the 60's at rest, but mine can jump a lot higher randomly due to my heart condition called PVC/premature ventricular contractions. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you feel ill for the lower rate status.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My resting heart rate is 39 and it goes as low as 29 when I’m asleep, it’s not a problem.
It’s normal for heart rate to drop low when resting, CPAP helps with restful sleep so it makes sense that average sleeping heart may drop vs your non CPAP average.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Sleep study heart rate 250 bpm phoebesalva 5 405 01-13-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  waking up every 15 minutes and heart shedu1337 11 888 12-26-2023, 06:38 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 630 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon
  Many Awakenings with Heart Rate Spikes jr991 3 495 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: jr991

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.