Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heart rate in Overview...
Heart rate in Overview...
I'd like to show daily min/median/max heart rate on the Overview screen...I think similar code could show min/median/max SPO2 as well.  I started writing this up, but I don't understand how the Day manages Machine data.  Of the Day::Min(), Day::Max() and Day::avg() (or Day::wavg()) functions, only Min(OXI_Pulse) seems to return the minimum heart rate that matches the daily view.  Max() returns a number of uncertain import, and I'm not sure how avg() and wavg() correspond to the median displayed in the Statistics panel on the Daily page.

Comparing my code to the Daily code, Max() at least should be returning the right thing, but it's not.

Any help or pointers available for this project?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heart rate in Overview...
Ah, got it, it's the 95th percentile, 99th percentile, or 99.5 percentile, depending on preferences and some other stuff.  I'm not sure that exactly makes sense (if a HRM reports 100BPM, then I'd expect max to be 100) but consistency with other parts of the UI is probably more important.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a fast note to say thanks for working on this useful feature. -- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it works, but the code is ugly as hell.  I just copied the routines for other graphs and mangled them into submission.  I'm sure this would be an easy job for somebody who's worked with the graphs more, and maybe it'd be worth rewriting just to make it cleaner.  But I can try to make the changes available via Git.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good work!  This looks similar to the existing Pulse Rate Overview graph but with the (meaningless?) part of the bar at the bottom omitted. How does it differ otherwise?

I'm happy to look at your code; contributions are always welcome. The graph code is pretty ugly to start with!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28384]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird, I don't have the option for a Pulse Rate graph in my MacOS version 1.1.1 ... uh oh, I thought I had upgraded this machine to 1.2.0. Maybe that's the problem: I was just using an old version?

Let me see if I can get the new version running without losing all my old data.

[...time passes...]

Well lookit that! You have to turn it on in Preferences, but it works fine.

I'll figure out how the current code draws it; maybe I can remove the bottom bar (which, as you say, is not useful). If I do that on Pulse and SPO2, that will allow the scale to expand so that it's easier to see what's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 7 65 Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 263 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 591 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 437 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,757 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,281 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 888 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.