Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose In Summer?
Is the heated hose used in the summer? If so is it tough breathing hot air when it is hot?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is one of those personal preference things - I keep mine on 30 deg year round.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2015, 04:44 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: This is one of those personal preference things - I keep mine on 30 deg year round.

For us dumb yanks, that will be 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Grin

Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-12-2015, 02:28 AM)player Wrote: Is the heated hose used in the summer? If so is it tough breathing hot air when it is hot?

Hi player,
Your profile doesn't say what machine you are using.

On my PR System One machine with heated hose, I have the choice of turning off the heated hose setting in the clinical menu. It will revert back to System One Humidification without heat, or I can use Classic Mode. Or I can just leave the heated hose on and not use heat, or change back to regular hose.

It's a personal preference, and a lot depends on what climate you live in.
I couldn't tolerate the cold air blowing up my nose in the winter.
Don't know yet, but I don't think I would like warm air blowing up my nose in the summer.
OpalRose
Bed
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed A10 Elite...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have A/C. I don't change a thing between winter and summer. The only difference is the amount of water consumed in the humidifier chamber. In the winter when it's bone dry, the tank just about empties every night. In the summer, it doesn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi player,
I use my heated hose and humidifier year round.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my new machine and refused the heated hose I tried during trial. I don't like the warm air; I like it cool. I had turned down the temp, further and further. I figured if I was fine in January in Ottawa, then I was unlikely to need it any other time. But we keep the house warm at 23C. If we kept it cooler there might be a condensation risk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn it off altogether and see how you do. You could use it in "passive" mode as well. That is when there is water in the tank but no heat. Moisture is picked up as the water blows over it. Minimal moisture but some. Hardly any chance of condensation in the hose that way. You still have to dump the water but probably only every other day since it wasn't heated. Depends on your ick tolerance.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

I use a Hybernite heated hose in cold weather, and I switch to a standard hose when it warms up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long a hose did you get? HalfAsleep 10 204 09-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SWsabre
  chlorine smell of hose christian4870 1 99 09-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: pupcamper
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 9 1,219 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Last Post: que0x
  Slow Cooker? [for disinfecting masks or hose] HalfAsleep 21 679 09-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [split] Take charge of your therapy - Heated tube Kathy123 8 423 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  dreamstation humidifier and hose leak jacob.fullmer 3 284 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Air Mini Hose noise solution Frequenttraveler 16 1,110 08-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Frequenttraveler