Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose - Working?
Heated Hose - Working?
How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose - Working?
It's only a few Watts spread over the length of the hose. It's intended to slightly warm the inside of the hose to prevent "rainout."
So, no, it should not be "pretty warm" as felt from the outside.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always used a hose cover on a heated tube, and it stays a bit warmer. Otherwise, as long as you don't have condensation, it's probably working fine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TomKriek,
It’s suttle, to me, it feels lukewarm.
You don’t have to do this, but, )like Sleepridder,) I too, use a hose cover on my heated hose because I like something soft instead of the plastic and it doesn’t interfere with it.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 09:34 AM)TomKriek Wrote: How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?

I've often wondered the same thing - even when I have the hose temperature at its max (86 F), it doesn't feel warm. I also use ResMed's blue 6'6" hose cover with the zipper, designed for the ClimateLine Air hose. Even with the cover and heated hose, though, I STILL get rainout sometimes because I like to sleep in a cold room (< 66 F). Whenever I use the Climate Control "Auto" setting, I rarely get rainout because that's exact what that setting is designed to do. In the drier months and/or when I have sinus issues I turn up both the humidity and hose temperature settings (you have to make the air warmer so that it will hold more humidity without precipitation - i.e. rainout). As soon as you remove the automatic climate control, be prepared to wake up occasionally with a tube full of water, and/or water drops tickling your face under your mask. Sad

Anyway, to address your original question, the heat in the hose is subtle, but it's most likely working. If you have a faulty hose, the machine is designed to error out.
Post Reply Post Reply
mine feels warm. i do have it maxxed, and the room temp is fairly cool.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the machine would give a fault code if the climateline hose was connected but defective.

Or, if you have a Digital Multimeter (DVM), you could check the resistance among the 3 pins on the hose.
See post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid103538

Deepbreathing took some measurements back in March.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2015, 09:34 AM)TomKriek Wrote: How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?
The proof of the pudding is in the eating - no sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, etc... means you hit sweet spot
1- When the heated hose connected (might need a bit of a push to click in place), message display briefly on the screen and say
"ClimateLineAir Connected"
2- Smiley face icon indicate the humidifier is working as intended
3- Warm-up mode
4- heating and cooling icon

Post Reply Post Reply
You are all great! Thank you for the prompt response. I sense that parts of the hose are slightly warm, so it must be working. Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
Set the tube temperature to its maximum setting. In a cold bedroom the tube should feel noticeably warm to the touch a minute or two after turning on
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.