Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Respironics ComfortLite2
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
I was just informed by my online DME that the Respironics PR System One 60 Series auto CPAP machine and humidifier is now available with heated hose. That should close the gap with the Resmed S9 series! (My apologies if this has been already posted.)
04-20-2012 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

RE: Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
Wave long time no see, glad you,re back
It looks that way Phillips Resironics adding the heated hose to the 60 series but its only available in auto and also SleepyHead doesn't support 60 series yet and not sure if the Encore viewer either.
Next they have to improve LCD data and report unintentional leak not just total leak then might start consider the machine
Just looked at Supplier #25 and they have at a special price $645 include humidifier and the heated tube ...very tempting but not just yet
04-20-2012 07:23 PM
HeadGear Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Respironics ComfortLite2
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14

Other Comments:

RE: Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
(04-20-2012 07:23 PM)zonk Wrote:  Wave long time no see, glad you,re back
It looks that way Phillips Resironics adding the heated hose to the 60 series but its only available in auto and also SleepyHead doesn't support 60 series yet and not sure if the Encore viewer either.
Next they have to improve LCD data and report unintentional leak not just total leak then might start consider the machine
Just looked at Supplier #25 and they have at a special price $645 include humidifier and the heated tube ...very tempting but not just yet
Yes, LCD data continues to be a weak point, but they are stronger in the amount of data reported through Encore by including periodic (Cheyenne Stokes) breathing and RERA indices! The price (online) is really great!

BTW, my wife now has sleep apnea. She must have caught it from me! "Is sleep apnea contagious?" That would be a topic to post! Too-funny

They put her on 8 wk. sleep study/trial on a PR1 machine because the sleep doc wants reports in the Encore format. That should end next week and we will switch to S9.

In order to diagnose her condition they did an overnight study, at home, with a nifty tiny little unit from Respironics. It measured chest movement, sleeping position, respiration through a cannula in the nose, CA, OA, AHI, heart rate, SPO2 - about the only thing missing was EEG. This thing was the size of a cigarette pack!!! This is so much better than waiting a year for a lab based sleep study!

I've learned a lot from her experience - things that I had forgotten - about how difficult xPAP treatment is at the beginning!
04-21-2012 12:48 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 34 Today 12:52 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  How to clean a heated h Sleepyv 5 188 12-01-2016 09:00 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,948 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  PR System One: C-Check vs Auto? Ailu 8 2,952 11-29-2016 02:04 PM
Last Post: TonyJ
  respironics pillow covers? metropical 3 233 11-08-2016 11:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Climateline hose duffer54 4 324 11-05-2016 03:24 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Respironics Sleep Easy Question Rich 5 4,567 11-01-2016 10:56 PM
Last Post: Star