Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
I was just informed by my online DME that the Respironics PR System One 60 Series auto CPAP machine and humidifier is now available with heated hose. That should close the gap with the Resmed S9 series! (My apologies if this has been already posted.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
Wave long time no see, glad you,re back
It looks that way Phillips Resironics adding the heated hose to the 60 series but its only available in auto and also SleepyHead doesn't support 60 series yet and not sure if the Encore viewer either.
Next they have to improve LCD data and report unintentional leak not just total leak then might start consider the machine
Just looked at Supplier #25 and they have at a special price $645 include humidifier and the heated tube ...very tempting but not just yet

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose for Respironics PR System One
(04-20-2012, 07:23 PM)zonk Wrote: Wave long time no see, glad you,re back
It looks that way Phillips Resironics adding the heated hose to the 60 series but its only available in auto and also SleepyHead doesn't support 60 series yet and not sure if the Encore viewer either.
Next they have to improve LCD data and report unintentional leak not just total leak then might start consider the machine
Just looked at Supplier #25 and they have at a special price $645 include humidifier and the heated tube ...very tempting but not just yet
Yes, LCD data continues to be a weak point, but they are stronger in the amount of data reported through Encore by including periodic (Cheyenne Stokes) breathing and RERA indices! The price (online) is really great!

BTW, my wife now has sleep apnea. She must have caught it from me! "Is sleep apnea contagious?" That would be a topic to post! Too-funny

They put her on 8 wk. sleep study/trial on a PR1 machine because the sleep doc wants reports in the Encore format. That should end next week and we will switch to S9.

In order to diagnose her condition they did an overnight study, at home, with a nifty tiny little unit from Respironics. It measured chest movement, sleeping position, respiration through a cannula in the nose, CA, OA, AHI, heart rate, SPO2 - about the only thing missing was EEG. This thing was the size of a cigarette pack!!! This is so much better than waiting a year for a lab based sleep study!

I've learned a lot from her experience - things that I had forgotten - about how difficult xPAP treatment is at the beginning!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,026 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,983 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 294 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 232 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.