Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose option locked
Heated Hose option locked
I need to change my setup to Yes for Heated Tube, but the option is locked. Anyone have instructions to change this?

REMstar Pro C-Flex+

Ed S.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose option locked
You need to go clinical menu to unlock the setting. For the instructions ... clinical manual available via email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
PRS1 setup http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi edspyhill09,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to just plug in the heated hose. The machine will auto-detect it (because of the electrical connection) and automatically switch to the proper hose setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the manual
Tubing type lock - This enables you to lock the Tubing type setting for either the 15 mm or the 22 mm tubing if you do not want the patient to change it.
Note: If locked, the patient will still see this setting with a lock symbol ( ) next to it, but they will not be able to change it.
Note: This will not prevent the user from using Heated Tubing at a later date.
• Tubing type - This setting allows you to select the correct size diameter tubing that you are using with the device. You can choose either (22) for the Philips Respironics 22 mm tubing, or (15) for the optional Philips Respironics 15 mm tubing. When using Heated Tubing, the device will automatically change this setting to the appropriate tubing type (15H).
Note: If the Heated Tubing is removed, the device will default back to the previous tubing type setting.

[Image: systemone_275x250.jpg]
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....edTube.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2013, 02:41 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi edspyhill09,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck with CPAP therapy.

There are no instructions to unlock the tubing setup options. Since they are locked the machine cannot auto-detect the heated tube. Tubing size is locked on 22. Medicare and the government need to investigate the cpap field because it is mainly for provider profit and not patient health. Any medical field where patients must rely on each other for advice is bogus.

I doubt that. There are no medical professionals here, just users. This CPAP experience may cause me to join a political party to force Medicare to crack down on the entire CPAP industry to stop the fraud.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated Hose option locked [Resolved]
(07-14-2013, 01:45 PM)edspyhill09 Wrote: I need to change my setup to Yes for Heated Tube, but the option is locked. Anyone have instructions to change this?

REMstar Pro C-Flex+

Ed S.

The machine was delivered with a 60 watt power supply. I needed an 80 watt power supply in order to use the heated tubing and be able to unlock the 2 related options.

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
First, did you follow Zonk's instructions for obtaining a copy of the clinician's manual from http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual? Second, what action have you taken to obtain a bigger power supply for your machine - contacted the DME, talked with your sleep doc/therapist?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-23-2013, 04:14 AM)edspyhill09 Wrote:
(07-14-2013, 02:41 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi edspyhill09,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

There are no instructions to unlock the tubing setup options. Since they are locked the machine cannot auto-detect the heated tube. Tubing size is locked on 22. Medicare and the government need to investigate the cpap field because it is mainly for provider profit and not patient health. Any medical field where patients must rely on each other for advice is bogus.

I doubt that. There are no medical professionals here, just users. This CPAP experience may cause me to join a political party to force Medicare to crack down on the entire CPAP industry to stop the fraud.

Update, many months later. I finally was able to resolve several problems. The first being the CPAP company was somewhat incompetent.

As to the machine: I was sent a heated tube which is different than a standard tube. I still could not get the air to be heated properly. Then I found out the power supply was not powerful enough to heat the tube. So I was given an 80 watt power supply. That fixed the problem .

I had lowered the pressure to 8 when the air flow was too cold. Then I slowly increased the air pressure from 8 to the current 11. I will go to 11.5 then finally to the 12 that is prescribed.

I am sleeping with the CPAP mask on for 6 to 7 hours a night. I'm actually at the point where I prefer sleeping with the CPAP mask on. I even take on short vacations.

Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to hear things are going better with your CPAP therapy.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.