Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Hose --yes or no
Heated Hose --yes or no
Hello Again,

I have the heated hose and the non heated hose.

I dont use the humidifier since I am in Dallas and we have plenty of humidity.

Does it matter which hose to use??

Thanks for the answers..

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heatred Hose --yes or no
The heated hose doesn't actually warm the air passing through - it just warms the walls of the hose to prevent condensation. If you're not using a humidifier chances are you won't get condensation in the hose and can use the plain non-heated version. If you do find you're getting condensation then you could swap to the heated version.

Having said that, I don't know if the heated hose will even work on your A10 in the absence of the humidifier - I know on the S9 the hose heater power supply is actually in the humidifier module, but that is a very different style of machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks

I think I will go with the non heated, seems lighter and softer.

Have a great night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2017, 09:41 PM)Matzaball2016 Wrote: I think I will go with the non heated, seems lighter and softer.

I can't tell the difference between the 2 hoses (I have them both), except for the ends of the hoses having the sensors. 

But I do agree that it sounds like you shouldn't bother to get the heated one.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't need the heating function, best to go with the plain hose if you have a choice. Its replacement is much cheaper too.
Keep the heated version as backup when u go on trips to dry areas.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The only reason to consider a heated hose is if you are getting condensation buildup in the hose.

I too am in Dallas and I usually don't even turn on the heating function on the unit. I may run water in it, but no heat. Plain hose is fine. Mo' cheaper, mo' lighter, mo' flexible. No downside.

I am not a humidification junkie. I just spent 6 months in PHX on my travel machine (S8 Autoset II - no humidifier) and had ZERO problems. Remember, in PHX, it's a DRY heat.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Thanks Thanks 

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, AMAZING!!!!

I love this forum.

Thanks again to Bonjour, Sleepy for all the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, there is a second reason to consider a heated hose. If you have to order your supplies from a DME like Lincare or Apria warehouses, a heated hose guarantees that you will get a brand name and superior product. If you get a non-heated hose, they send you this cheap crap thing that sounds like Darth Vader with a cold and scrapes LOUDLY on everything it touches. I found I could only get the brand name Slimline hose by actually going to the Lincare office, so I do that (it's what I use in the summer when I don't use the heated hose). The standard Respironics brand hose is also quiet, so another option.

That was with insurance. Without insurance, online retailers do have quiet non-branded hoses available for less than my copay with Medicare.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 234 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 605 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.