Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated Tubing - awesome/troublesome/useless/???
RE: Heated Tubing - awesome/troublesome/useless/???
(05-24-2014, 03:35 PM)WakeUpTime Wrote: I have the PRS1 with the heated tube humidifier and the heated hose.

Regarding rainout, let's assume someone doesn't have any rainout issues. What will the heated hose then accomplish? Higher humidity or lower humidity -- or no change on PRS1's since it's said to have auto climate control anyway. If one doesn't need the heated hose in the summer months, what happens if someone has it "ON" anyway?

Philips has a 2-page brochure just on the heated tube option... "an additional humidification solution that enhances performance, flexibility and comfort" (so does bathroom tissue, you marketing guys).

"The System One with Heated Tube provides patients with Air Temperature Control [I guess through the tube temp setting 0-5] and Improved Humidification [I guess through tube humidity setting 0-3]"
I have humid=5 and temp=3 (the max'es) and the air is still pretty dry coming out. I wonder if the PRS1's auto-climate is taking over and cutting the humid automatically? Is there any way to increase humidity further?

Hi Wakeuptime,

I think you may need to go into the Clinician's Settings mode to enable automatic humidity control. Check the Providor Manual for your machine.

If I am remembering correctly, when System One Climate Control is enabled, you can select 70%, 80% or 90% relative humidity, as may be desired.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2014, 10:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi tcarmen,
ENjoy the new machine.

It's pretty sweet!

I've been using SleepyHead and it's fascinating to see exactly what's going on at night. It was also pretty cool to find out that I had estimated the required pressure, very closely with my old fixed pressure machine, that I had obtained without the blessing of a doctor. 8-)

Another really interesting observation is that the sleep doc didn't seem to be bent out of shape that I had gotten started on my own without getting a sleep study first.

I had been prepared for a little abuse on that topic, but he was just really happy to know that it was working, that I was using it every night and that life was good, and he set me up with the new top-of-the-line auto machine without me even asking.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
More and more the docs are coming to realize the best thing for their practices are patients that care enough about themselves to get involved in their own well being. That's what your doc is seeing in you and it leads to the best of patient/physician relationships.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2014, 10:35 AM)tcarmen Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 10:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi tcarmen,
ENjoy the new machine.

It's pretty sweet!

I've been using SleepyHead and it's fascinating to see exactly what's going on at night. It was also pretty cool to find out that I had estimated the required pressure, very closely with my old fixed pressure machine, that I had obtained without the blessing of a doctor. 8-)

Another really interesting observation is that the sleep doc didn't seem to be bent out of shape that I had gotten started on my own without getting a sleep study first.

I had been prepared for a little abuse on that topic, but he was just really happy to know that it was working, that I was using it every night and that life was good, and he set me up with the new top-of-the-line auto machine without me even asking.

Terry
Hi tcarmen,
Sounds like you have a GREAT sleep doc, that's good to hear, you are very fortunate.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 350 9 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 2 185 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,000 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 646 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 392 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 826 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,360 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.