Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Water in hose after cleaning...
Water in hose after cleaning...
So I just cleaned my equipment for the first time this morning, and hung the heated hose up to dry over my shower. However, there are still minor beads of water inside the hose. Am I at greater risk for this "rainout" phenomenon if I don't wait until its completely dry? Almost 1am and getting pretty tired. Might sleep without it tonight so it can dry. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water in hose after cleaning...
Don't worry about it. Just use the hose.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Lolabove What he said. Grin

It won't cause you an issue.

I let my hose drip dry hanging over the shower taps, any moisture left in the hose will evaporate when you next use the machine... and you are breathing in moisture as part of the humidifier process anyway. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You will never get all the water droplets out of the hose, that is unless you let it hang there for a few days or more.

Once you hook up and turn the air on, the water droplets will evaporate. It's nothing to worry about. Don't lose sleep over it! Bed

You may want to consider purchasing an extra hose to have on hand.
When I wash my hose, I hang it to dry, and switch out with another hose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.