Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heated hose durability
Heated hose durability
I have a 3 month old Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP machine which came equipped with a heated hose. The heat quit working a couple weeks ago, and I am getting a "fault" message on the screen telling me to replace the hose. Fine. I can do that.

My question is, are these hoses designed to last more than 90 days, or did I just get a bad one? I might add that there is no obvious damage to the hose, it just doesn't work anymore.

I'm thinking I may be better off replacing the heated hose with a standard non-heated hose and save myself some future aggravation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated hose durability
(01-24-2015, 02:41 PM)zippydad Wrote: I have a 3 month old Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP machine which came equipped with a heated hose. The heat quit working a couple weeks ago, and I am getting a "fault" message on the screen telling me to replace the hose. Fine. I can do that.

My question is, are these hoses designed to last more than 90 days, or did I just get a bad one? I might add that there is no obvious damage to the hose, it just doesn't work anymore.

I'm thinking I may be better off replacing the heated hose with a standard non-heated hose and save myself some future aggravation.

Youll likely have more aggravation without it. I have the PRS1 auto aflex with heated hose. Still using the original hose that came with the machine since august. Wifes machine is the 550 that doesnt have heated hose but looking intot getting her a hybernite for it.

The replacement schedule with my insurance is 3 months for it so I have a spare and turned down the next offered one since the original is still going strong.

Think you probably got a bad one to start with.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zippydad,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have used my heated hose for quite a while and had no trouble, but I don't know anything about the Airsense 10 heated hose.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
My first post. Have been on cpap from 3/16/06. I wanted a new machine and got a resmed airsense10autoset with heated hose on 12/26/14. Used it a few days and got the message to replace the hose.They exchanged the hose for me, got the same message.They gave me a new machine and a new hose and said they think there is a prob with the hoses.Jump ahead to today 1/26/15, I am on my 4th new hose and 3rd new machine . I am hopeful that I have a working combo but will have to see. I like the machine and the heated hose concept but if I cant get away from the replace your hose message will have to demand a different brand machine.Sleep Well Dont sweat the little things that dont work!ThanksThanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.