Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

swollen uvula
Grin 
swollen uvula
so.... as far as I can tell I haven't had a swollen uvula since starting cpap a few years ago... this morning it is. I got a new and more comfortable full face mask a couple of months ago and found my slightly high blood pressure dropped... I woke having trouble swallowing... and checked in the mirror and my uvula was quite large.. maybe it was just an allergy thing as my husband woke up sneezing this morning and said he had hay fever... ? I have humidifier on and fixed pressure is 14.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: swollen uvula
I have not heard of anyone developing such a condition from CPAP use.
It's summer where you are; perhaps allergies.
They make Hypoallergenic filters for the ResMed machines. You might try them.
A visit to your GP would seem wise.

If you experience trouble breathing, you should dial 999 (or whatever number is used for emergency services in your location.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ulrika,
Good to hear from you again.
You might mention this to your doc.
Good luck to you and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ulrika, did you have a cheeky red with your meal last night and snore? When did you last clean your mask and filters - it might be time to give them a spring clean?

As for your husband . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
Well turns out... I have a branchial cleft cyst on my neck!!! It started to grow very quickly at first the doctors thought it was my lymph glands but ultrasound showed otherwise. it was HUGE... they drained it and I have to have it surgically removed in a few months time. It is a benign thing but they are checking for a primary cancer as sometimes it can come up as the result of an existing cancer when you are older than 40. none of the tests done so far show anything to worry about. I have a PET scan due in a couple of weeks. So it wasn't anything to do with CPAP...

thanks for the responses
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had a swollen uvula in the past. Luckily, mine was due to dehydration. Good luck with your treatment!

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blockage during exhale - Uvula/Soft Palate mikemky 86 67,438 12-19-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swollen face Tinkypinky 4 837 05-26-2022, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Tinkypinky
  Need help with swollen nasal turbinate's caused by CPAP LBTRS 25 3,943 10-13-2021, 10:20 AM
Last Post: allistairt
  Swollen eyes Missingsleep 9 2,677 01-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Dry mouth, swollen Parotid Gland, related to cpap? Galactus 11 11,654 01-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Can you see your uvula? Elen 6 11,804 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.