Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm not sleeping on my back
RE: I'm not sleeping on my back
Thanks, Brendak. I have not explored getting a new pillow-
Think I'll look into that. I am very happy with the F&P Simplus-
I get minimal leaks.

Retired Guy
Just checking you are suggesting I go to 14 as my new low
tonight (I am at
12.4 low pressure )
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
For some people, sleeping in a recliner works better and won't increase your AHI like back sleeping in bed will.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I start out sleeping on my back and then go to either side (until my wife tells me to switch sides). She is usually awake longer than I am so I can fall asleep with the TV on. Usually out within 5 or ten minutes of putting the mask on. And I am usually out for the majority of the night. What I really hate is when something wakes me up after about 20 minutes and I can't get back to sleep. So I end up getting up and doing something until I feel like I can go back to sleep. I think this 20 minute nap effect comes from my military time where I found I could take that quick 20 minute nap and then start up again.

BTW, my 30 day average for AHI is around 3 and I have looked at SH and can see the high points - most of which correspond to the times I know I am awake.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 634 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 201 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,408 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,092 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 996 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.