Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] DreamStation Auto CPAP
RE: DreamStation Auto CPAP
(06-07-2020, 02:33 PM)pahrump808 Wrote: Hello to everyone,
I have been trying CPAP off and on for the last two years, not having much luck. Recently restarted. Any advice suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am using a Dream Station Auto with a Dream wear full face mask. Heated humidification. Current setting per Dr. (who dose not offer much help) 8 to 20. I do not have to much objections to the higher pressure except for the occasional leak that wakes me up and sometimes dryness when mouth opened. I just wake up or come out of a deep sleep and notice the CPAP therapy and have difficulties falling back to sleep, after what seems like an eternity. I take it off. If one were think that they were tired prior to CPAP therapy one can only imagine what one feels like from unsuccessful therapy on CPAP. I have also noticed that I wake up during my dreaming phase of sleep. I have Oscar loaded and am willing to share any data if needed. just tell me what one  would like. I desperately want to make this work but am almost to the point of packing it up. I hear a lot of the successful stories as well as unsuccessful ones. In advance thanks for any advise.

Open up your leak rate chart, flow chart and event flags.... to see everything better. Also open the flow rate chart with the event tab then double left click on clear airway events, then sigle click on the first event to check CA's to see how they are coming in... during normal breathing or variable breathing. During normal breathing you can say it's definately a CA... during variable breathing no.

Also there is a leak test option in my "set up" to see how your gear is holding pressure. You need to test near peak ramp pressure and set back to where it set to minimum pressure.

I had to take baby step raising minimum pressure till 8.5 
You have to give yourself time to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 807 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 598 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 958 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.