Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Peds bipap user
Peds bipap user
Hi everyone. I need advice on positioning and maybe ideas on assisting a child I care for who wears a full face mask. He is 9 yo and frequently turns and prefers to sleep on his stomach. His Trilogy 100 machine alarm sounds for apnea and low respiration constantly when he frequently turns. I keep his head of bed elevated, make sure mask is properly in place, and I reposition him and check his machine when the alarm sounds. Does anyone have any advise for proper positioning or how to place his pillows or how far his HOB should be elevated? He also complains about the sound the machine makes, and often he will hit the mask while on his face to make the noise stop. I check the filter, adjust the straps and keep the heater on. I know this is his third mask he has had since I've been working with him. I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Peds bipap user
bumping in case anyone has any advice to offer
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Peds bipap user
(12-01-2015, 01:55 AM)bdb15 Wrote: his pillows or how far his HOB should be elevated? He also complains about the sound the machine makes, and often he will hit the mask while on his face to make the noise stop. I check the filter, adjust the straps and keep the heater on. I know this is his third mask he has had since I've been working with him. I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have anything to offer other than the machine should be pretty quiet and if hitting the mask makes the noise stop, it probably needs service.

Also, masks are a disposable/wear item. They don't last forever although most adults get at least a few months out of one, and some get a lot longer.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 856 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 378 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 226 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  bipap Innisfree 2 454 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Multiple surgeries, consistent BiPAP user, still struggling with exhaustion erica721 5 754 11-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: erica721
  Help with bipap Al N 7 757 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 711 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.