Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heathkit
Is back in business.

Search google for heathkit.

Banana

They don't have much available for sale yet but good to see them back. I guess. depends on how many kits they start making available.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! Thought they were gone for good. Brings back old memory's. Made a lot of there kits up when I was younger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 03:44 PM)AlanE Wrote: Is back in business.

Search google for heathkit.

Banana

They don't have much available for sale yet but good to see them back. I guess. depends on how many kits they start making available.
The good old days have returned! I still have one of their VYVM's out in the garage!

Post Reply Post Reply

I think I made a heathkit radio when I was a kid. It worked (barely).

A whole new generation of nerds and gearheads is now possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone must have resurrected the company.
I built one of their oscilloscopes when I was 13.
That was before UPS would ship anything that big; had to pick it up at a rail freight office.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I would suspect that somebody bought the rights to the name. Same thing happened to Packard-Bell, RCA, and many of the most revered names in consumer electronics. I'd want to know that the headquarters are still in Benton Harbor, Michigan Smile

My first kit was a knight-Kit stereo, but I built a Heathkit 13" color TV in the late 70s. It worked, and I managed to follow the convergence instructions to get a very good (for the times) picture. Was sad to see them die.

Now it's Adafruit and Sparkfun...
Post Reply Post Reply

Among several kits that I built from them, one was their microwave oven. That was in 1970. My wife tells me to this day, that was the reason she married me. I looked at their museum website. It sure brings back a lot memories . . but no microwave.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
As a ham in my youth, I built a lot of their equipment. Brings back memories.

I have seen the new offerings. It is not what it used to be. Maybe after they have been back for awhile.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heathkit had a store in Fairlawn NJ. I lived about a mile from it. Used to go there and look at everything I couldn't buy. Mess with the oscilloscope until the guy threw me out. LOL. He had some spinning pattern on it which I messed up and then I said I could get it back and further messed it up. Ah good times... I built a few of their kits but nothing major. I did a couple of digital alarm clocks and other experiment kits.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Wow! I finished building a dual-channel triggered oscilloscope that I bought from a fellow soldier in 1969 who did not do a decent job of soldering. After cleaning up all the cold solder joints and using good silver solder on the time-base switch, it worked. Alignment with good HP reference equipment yielded a scope that was stable and accurate to about 30 MHz. Pretty impressive at the time.

I wish the reborn company well.

My kit-building days are over. I don't have the fine motor skills or eyesight to still do this sort of precise work.
Post Reply Post Reply