Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heavy rainout with Climateline
Heavy rainout with Climateline
Hello,

For a while I have been waking up at similar times at night with a slightly wet mouth with FFM. VAuto with AirFit F20 auto humidity and temp control and ClimateLine. Only once was I waking up per night with a wet face. Recently I got a F&P simplus from DME and my leaks seem to have gone down. However, I woke up several times with condensation in my mask. Are there any possible solutions to this rainout problem with heated tube already installed? Room temp is around 69-72 degrees Fahrenheit. Thanks for any suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heavy rainout with Climateline
What setting do you run your ClimateLine hose at? There's a control on your PAP near the humidity setting that sets the heated hose to certain degrees F or C. It probably needs to go up to be able to combat rainout better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Auto all the way. for both temp and humidity. Works for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I fixed my rainout problems with the Resmed Autoset by using a fleece hose cover, but also extra insulation around the hose connector where it fixes into the machine. The insulation around the connector seems to have had the most effect. I think quite a lot of moisture was condensing in or near the connector for some reason.

I also make sure that the hose falls vertically to the machine, which is set lower than the bed, and the right-angled connector is oriented upwards, to facilitate the draining of water back into the machine. Finally, I make certain that no dips form in the hose, where water could accumulate, by keeping all of the 'surplus' hose under my pillow and alongside my body in the bed.

These efforts have led to me being able to have the humidity quite high (I suffer from cottonmouth otherwise) with only very rare instances of rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
What insulation around the connector do you have in mind?
Post Reply Post Reply
He's likely telling about a fabric hose cover. ResMed makes some and aftermarket as well, Snuggle Hose and others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I use an old (but clean) tee shirt, wrapped around the connector and draped onto the top of the machine. It also serves to block out the searchlight that comes on when I turn the machine on after a bathroom break. It was an experiment - hence the tee shirt - but worked great, so I stuck with it.

It doesn't look great, but it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can't see it when asleep so that should be OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
As with most things I do, it offends my wife's over-developed aesthetic standards.

Me? Function beats form every time!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  [Equipment] ResMed rainout help Sorcha 2 383 12-29-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,205 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Rainout prevention - dry mouth issue BlueSky1958 5 583 11-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,076 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 548 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.