Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Heavy sensation in my chest
Heavy sensation in my chest
Since starting with CPAP Therapy about 4 weeks ago I find that I sometimes have a bit of a heavy feeling in my chest. I recall the first morning after using the CPAP machine I felt like this first thing in the morning when I took my mask off. I liken it to muscle memory, where my lungs haven't really had to do anything to inhale all night, then when the machine is off they are doing all the work. Is this usual? It's not painful, or distressing in any way. Just a bit of a different feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heavy sensation in my chest
Just to be sure schedule an appointment with the doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
You should consider seeing your doc. Heaviness in the chest is one of the possible symptoms of heart issues. Heart issues and sleep apnea are good friends. When is your next appt with your sleep doc?

Your CPAP is not in any way strong enough to inflate your lungs or breathe for you. So it's not that your lungs are doing more work once you are awake.

Take a look at your data. Look to see if those days you wake up feeling that heaviness, if you had a good or bad night according to the data.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Get to a doctor or emergency room asap. You don't want to fool around with chest pain or heaviness in your chest area. Could be major heart issues.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 354 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,067 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 513 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
Sad [Pressure] Aerophagia and chest soreness favosys 6 794 05-21-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: favosys
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 775 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.