Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello
RE: Hello
If insurance isn't paying for it, i.e. you do not have to prove compliance, your data will go nowhere. No one will query the machine for the data. If you sign up for MyAir, ResMed will pull some data off your machine for the MyAir score you'll see on their site. If you are using SleeyHead you already have more data than what will be shown on MyAir.

It might be a good idea to keep airplane mode off since your machine will get software updates from ResMed if they release any.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 09:08 PM)Mr.JMB Wrote: I will get the Resmed software. Will give it a week to get some data. I did check the on unit stats.

You might want to get SleepyHead software (free, link at top of page). I beleive it's more detailed or at least easier to use than the Resmed software
Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend you also download the Sleepyhead software. I have the A10 machine and I use both the ResScan and SH software but I am a data junkie. The data goes to your DME and doctor. The idea is that you don't have to mail in or take your SD card to the doctor. Additionally, occasionally, ResMed sends out machine software updates over the modem. If you are in airplane mode you will not get these updates.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Thank you. On the software. Which would be better? Resmed or Sleephead.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are not running Windows, Sleepyhead is the pretty much the only choice. Smile that said, I personally like it better than the little I have seen of Resmed. Most people on the board are more familiar with SH too - but your doc is likely to be more familiar with Rescan.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2015, 04:47 PM)Mr.JMB Wrote: Ok. Thank you. On the software. Which would be better? Resmed or Sleephead.

I use both. I use ResScan to see what my DME and Dr are seeing. I use SH to get a closer detailed look at the data. Download both, use them, and see what you like.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I am running windows 10. I will try both. My doctor did write a prescription. I ordered my unit myself. I think the data from the unit is going no where.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is at least going to Resmed. Go to My Air and open an account and you will see some data . This is their cheerleading web site.

https://myair.resmed.com/Default.aspx
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is mostly useful when you are away from home. Had a crappy night? You can check to see if you had mask problems or..well, just a crappy night.

As far as I know, my doc doesn't get any info because I had to go with a supplier they don't deal with (Medicare bid program). The PA actually liked the Sleepyhead data better than the stuff from Resmed. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Up here in the Great White North I've been told we have to pay to use the 'wifi' and have the results automatically sent to either DME or sleep doc etc. - at least that's what the RT at the DME told me.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.