Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Sleep Trials Registry
Resmed Sleep Trials Registry
A while back I got into an arguument with an American guy when I said Resmed did a lot of focus groups and clinical trials of their machines and masks and spent a lot on R&D

A few years back before they came out with the Swift FX I was part of a group providing Resmed's Sydney staff with our experiences with various masks and even checking out some prototypes.

Just to show I wasn't talking through my arse and didn't make it up, here's an email they sent me this week:

Dear Lab Rat,

As a valued member of sleepvantage we would like to offer you an opportunity to participate in future clinical trials of new ResMed products. Currently ResMed is seeking volunteers who are interested in being involved in our Sleep Trials registry.

By being a part of a clinical trial, you would potentially be helping people who suffer from sleep-disordered breathing (SDB), by contributing to ongoing research dedicated towards the improvement and development of new products for the treatment of sleep disordered breathing (SDB) and providing feedback aimed at improving product innovation and patient experience enhancement.

ResMed’s Sleep Trials operates in Sydney’s North West region and is open to all CPAP users, over 18 years old, who are willing to travel to ResMed Bella Vista for the required visits. Please note that users of non ResMed equipment are welcome and able to register to trial new ResMed products.

Participation in the ResMed Sleep Trials Registry is completely voluntary, free of charge and without obligation. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential in accordance with ResMed's Privacy Policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act.

If you are interested in being a part of the ResMed Sleep Trials Registry, please fill in the attached form and send it back via email to Arlen.Wilcox@resmed.com.au or by post to:

sleepvantage
Reply Paid 8316
Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153

http://us1-aempub-p03.corp.resmed.org:45...gistry.pdf

By filling out the attached form you will enable ResMed to enter your details in ResMed's Sleep Trials Registry and contact you either by email or phone about upcoming clinical trials. Your sleepvantage account will also be update with the following information.

For further information on the Sleep Trials Registry on the ResMed website, please use the following link http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/par...NDQwOTk4S0

The one noticeable thing about this is they are not paying participants. We were paid for our time in previous studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Sleep Trials Registry
Good going! Now I can say I know somebody that has a "say-so" with Resmed. Lolabove
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the same email. I was going to join up until I read that everything has to be done on-site in North Sydney - a bit far to travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 09:35 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I got the same email. I was going to join up until I read that everything has to be done on-site in North Sydney - a bit far to travel.

Only across the continent.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in a trial once.... I got off with "time served."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not surprised that Resmed does clinical trials. IMHO, it's just bad business to not test your product before release.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 11:37 AM)truetopath Wrote: I'm not surprised that Resmed does clinical trials. IMHO, it's just bad business to not test your product before release.

From the OP, it's clear that they use "lab rats." Dielaughing

(04-28-2015, 11:29 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I was in a trial once.... I got off with "time served."
For violation of Section 912 Article 112 of the UCMJ ?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 09:35 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I got the same email. I was going to join up until I read that everything has to be done on-site in North Sydney - a bit far to travel.

Bella Vista... the arse end of the world Dielaughing

Bella Vista is located 33 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 179 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.