Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What exactly is happening here?
Arrow 
What exactly is happening here?
These therapy stoppages, is this the result of the Auto Off function malfunctioning? The waveform just stops seemingly in a normal breath, with no SWJ preceding the shutoff.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What exactly is happening here?
Three things come to mind:
  • Data corruption/import problem
  • Power loss
  • SmartStart (Stop)
Some Suggestions:
  • Turn off the SmartStart - AutoStop feature, but leave on the SmartStart - AutoStart. But I don't think this is the cause because AutoStop is usually preceded by high leak
  • Turn off machine for a few minutes to reset it
  • Check to make sure all electrical chords are in tight and secure. Plug to outlet, cord to power brick, cord to device.
  • Turn on Ramp, either (AutoRamp or minimum 5 minutes at 0.2 less than your normal minimum pressure). This way, should you see a break in therapy, if the  pressure is less than start you know the device restarted. If not, it is a break in data recording. And no, AutoRamp or even a minimal 5 minute Ramp doesn't create the devastating loss of therapy some would have you believe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  trialing masks - pressure requirements, What's happening? Wondering2 14 872 11-15-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 574 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire
  [Treatment] Treatment-emergent CSA happening 1 year after being on BIPAP-ST? Jeads95 5 698 06-12-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Backorder AirCurve Bipap - What is happening? Abletree 6 705 10-05-2022, 03:28 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  what is happening here Innisfree 3 649 06-22-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What's happening in the 10 minutes before I take my mask off in my sleep? moodotkai 6 731 07-07-2021, 08:02 AM
Last Post: factor
  Can anyone help me understand what is happening? smfkdol9392 13 1,531 05-22-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: cathyf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.