Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello EveryBody. Check Code 45
Hello EveryBody. Check Code 45
Anyone have any idea? I have been on my machine since 2010. Seems like I am still tired. I was looking and on my machine under info is compliance then it will say check code 45. I have found error codes that says Power Supply Main PCA. Is that the same? I started with a nose mask and when I open my mouth air would come out. My full face mask had a piece fall off. I switch back to my nose mask and I could open my mouth no air came out of my mouth. I could even say words clearly.

Other questions
Are CPAP machines required to be inspected?
How often to you do you see a sleep doctor?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello EveryBody. Check Code 45
Charles, first off Welcome.
Second, where do you live as our answers to your questions will depend on what country you live in and what type of insurance you may or may not have.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome CharlesG!
Sorry I am unable to help with your questions but I know there are plenty of people around here that will be able to supply you with answers.
Hope to see you around Smile
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CharlesG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2014, 05:29 PM)CharlesG Wrote: I was looking and on my machine under info is compliance then it will say check code 45.
Hi CharlesG, welcome aboard
From user manual (Info Screen) http://respironicsremstars.respironics.c...Manual.pdf
Compliance VIC (Visual Inspection Check) - This screen displays the start day and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours. This screen also displays a check code number used by your home care provider to validate that the data provided by you is the data taken from this screen. This setting only appears if your provider has enabled this feature.

As for being 'still tired', a lots of things not related to CPAP can contribute to the tiredness but first lets see if something to do with CPAP
Your machine data capable machine, report AHI, leak on the screen and more detailed data on the SD card
SleepyHead software download link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

Clinical manual available via email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2014, 05:29 PM)CharlesG Wrote: I switch back to my nose mask and I could open my mouth no air came out of my mouth. I could even say words clearly.

Sounds like the machine is not running. Unplug it, let it sit for 10 minutes, then plug it back in. Turn it on. Is air coming out of the mask? Yes? - Happy day. No? - Bummer. Sounds like somethings broken.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2014, 06:16 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(04-15-2014, 05:29 PM)CharlesG Wrote: I switch back to my nose mask and I could open my mouth no air came out of my mouth. I could even say words clearly.

Sounds like the machine is not running. Unplug it, let it sit for 10 minutes, then plug it back in. Turn it on. Is air coming out of the mask? Yes? - Happy day. No? - Bummer. Sounds like somethings broken.

Complied with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will be out to check your machine in [Image: twoweeks.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Code 45 means:
ERR_VBULK_FAILURE Defective power supply Replace Main PCA
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...-41_-_E-60

Check to make sure everything is plugged in right. That the power brick has plenty of air and isn't too hot.

As to the air, yes, that is common. You've gotten used to it. You have to really work at it to get the air to come out now! And that's a good thing. I used to could lay there and make all sorts of obnoxious noises just to irritate the dogs. Now I can't.

About the inspection, eh, used to the machines needed to be checked to make sure they were still putting out the air they said they were. A lot of them needed regular tweaking. Now they don't need it as often.

As for when to see the sleep doc, depends on how useful you think yours is. "They" say we should go see them once a year or so. I find mine to be rather condescending and a waste of my time. Other folks like their sleep doc and go willingly.

If it has been 4 years and if you are feeling tired, it may be time for a pressure adjustment. You can either try to do it yourself or you can go see your sleep doc. Depends on if you have insurance to pay for the visit and possible sleep study.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I was talking with my sister on the phone yesterday talking to her with my nose mask on machine on and she could understand what I was saying. The full face mask is hurting my nose and making noises air coming out. It broke last night so I will use the nose mask until I can get another mask next week.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 91 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,424 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,030 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 401 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 762 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.