Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello I'm new here
Hello I'm new here
Hi All Smile I was diagnosed in late January with severe OSA my AHI was 138.1 and I was simply exhausted ! I was up and down all night to the toilet, sometimes 2 times per hour which was crazy to me as I was not even drinking water through the night. I fell asleep at work on a overtime shift one weekend and got sent home (scared the pants off me cause i thought I was going to lose my job) So i went and had the sleep study done in late November 2015 and didnt get my results until late january (due to christmas break for the business)

The results came through 2 days after one of my bosses had passed in her sleep at age 52 and well that was more of a wake up. So i started the journey to find a machine and lets just say that took awhile to arrive. But I got it in mid April and OMG I have never slept so well before, I am no longer getting up to go to the toilet in the night and I usually average around 6hrs sleep per night (thats just cause I don't go to bed early lol) some weekends I manage 8-9 hours sleep. I wake feeling awesome now with energy to get through my day Smile

I suffer migraines and they have decreased also since using the CPAP ... so all in all everything has gotten better for me, now i just have to deal with the weight side of things Smile I work full time and I am a divorced mother of 2 sons aged 18 & 16.

I look forward to learning more in this forum Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello I'm new here
Welcome

Hi Serenity47. Welcome to Apneaboard. We have a number of folks from Oz on the board; so, I'm sure you'll feel right at home.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Serenity47! Glad you found us! Here there are tons of experience CPAP users who are more than happy to help people any way they can.

Sounds like you are off to a great start!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Serenity47, Welcome to Apnea Board!
You have quite a story, and wow, that was a high AHI.
Happy that you finally went for a sleep study, sometimes it takes a wake up call to get us moving.

Anytime you need help, just ask. Someone is always available.
Dreaming
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Serenity 47.

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Do some reading here (Wiki and relevant topics) and feel free to ask questions. You will eventually learn a great deal about your treatment and will be able to fine tune your settings and maybe fix a pesky mask leak while you are at it. Look into installing the Sleepyhead software when you have a chance. It will help if you have have questions.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Serenity47,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are doing so well with CPAP therapy.
You have a good attitude and that helps, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, serenity47. Smile That's quite a dramatic apnea diagnosis story. I'm so glad that you are using CPAP therapy and starting to feel better.

I'm glad you found this forum. It's a great resource for problem solving and education about sleep apnea and CPAP therpy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! That is one impressive AHI score you got! Four and a half months to get a machine? I was annoyed when I had to wait 10 days!

I will second the recommendation to install and use SleepyHead. It is great to have a window into the details of what is going on each night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all so much Smile

The DreamStation I have has software download into DreamMapper ... can I still download SleepyHead ?

The delay in getting my machine was due to me wanting to get the new DreamStation that came onto the market, it was not as easy to get in my town, the Chemist i purchased it through had all sorts of problems getting hold of them and ended up having to contact Phillips Resperonics directly to get someone to do the order. I did have a loan machine for that time though thankfully.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a DreamStation too and quite like it. Yes, you can use SleepyHead and DreamMapper at the same time. SleepyHead shows much, much more detailed information. If you replace the SD card in the DreamStation with a wireless SD card (Toshiba W-03) it can make SleepyHead very convenient. You need a second app to move the data from the wireless SD card to where SleepyHead can read it. I use SleepMaster. There is an alternative, but I forget the name at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.