Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello, I'm new to this forum - not able to acclimate to CPAP
RE: Hello, I'm new to this forum.
It happens, the tiredness after.

Try sitting up with it on during the day, a half hour or so at a time, just to try and get used to it. Lay down and nap as well.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My chest and sinuses were sore for a while but they cleared right up.

Hang in there!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
How's this unit? I know it's not the "S9," but I can get one locally for very little money and low hours.

Philips Respironics REMstar Pro C-Flex + System One W/ Humidifier CPAP

It comes with a "Quattro Full Face Mask." I currently have a mask that covers my nose only, but the full mask concept appeals to me. Not sure why, though. They want $325 or best offer. Thank-you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask what the number is on the bottom.

The problem with these manufacturers is they keep reusing the same names. If I remember correctly, there's the Pro and the Pro 2 then later the Pro again. The first Pro wasn't that good (again, if I remember right).

On the bottom of the machine is the model number. For example, the newer ones are the 460, 560. So the one before was 450 and 550. Etcetera.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
It's a 450P. Any good? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get the 450 from SecondWind for $275. But that's without humidifier.

If I remember correctly the 450 is a "straight" CPAP and is well liked.

As long as the previous owner is a non-smoker in a non-smoker house, it sounds like a good deal.

You'll want to replace the hoses and, if it were me, I'd not buy a used mask. Maybe if you had the cleaner Control III, you could clean and disinfect it enough.

But wait for those who are Respironics fans.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2013, 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can get the 450 from SecondWind for $275. But that's without humidifier.

As long as the previous owner is a non-smoker in a non-smoker house, it sounds like a good deal.

You'll want to replace the hoses and, if it were me, I'd not buy a used mask. Maybe if you had the cleaner Control III, you could clean and disinfect it enough.

This one is with humidifier and unused mask. 940 hours. I could get it for $300 delivered.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2013, 09:07 PM)tekis Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As long as the previous owner is a non-smoker in a non-smoker house, it sounds like a good deal.

This one is with humidifier and unused mask. 940 hours. I could get it for $300 delivered.

Check it for perfume. The guy I bought mine from on Craigslist didn't smoke, but apparently he poured perfume into the humidifier. Gag.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2013, 06:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can get the 450 from SecondWind for $275. But that's without humidifier.

Hi: Would you mind finding out what a used "S9" costs from SW? I have a little trouble figuring out how to put a price together. I guess I'll need a humidifier, right? I see you use "Sleepyhead," and I see that it's popular. Would I be able to use that software with the local machine that I'm looking at? I really appreciate your responses.

Sincerely,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2013, 05:33 PM)tekis Wrote:

Hi: Would you mind finding out what a used "S9" costs from SW? I have a little trouble figuring out how to put a price together. I guess I'll need a humidifier, right? I see you use "Sleepyhead," and I see that it's popular. Would I be able to use that software with the local machine that I'm looking at? I really appreciate your responses.

Sincerely,

John

Never mind, I emailed them. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 338 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 223 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 722 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,626 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,777 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 518 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,983 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.