Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello. Is this the right way to post my stats?
RE: Hello. Is this the right way to post my sleepyhead stats?
I wonder if I should have posted that question separately in a new post
Post Reply Post Reply
This event appears to be a non-event and is kind of interesting.  It starts with a series of flow-limited breaths followed by an inhale and the apnea.  After about 30 seconds you exhale and resume flow-limited breathing.  The flat, downward sloping inspiration wave-forms show that your inhale flow rate slows as the breath proceeds.  This could even be near-awake sleep stage involving movement.  Overall your therapy looks fantastic, so this is nothing, and you didn't even have increased volume or rate of breathing following the apnea. Nice job with the Zero dashed line on the flow rate.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6373]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 07:41 AM)honeybadger79 Wrote: I wonder if I should have posted that question separately in a new post

Your fine posting here.  As a matter of fact, we prefer you keep your charts and data to the same thread, as it is easier for folk to advise without searching for prior information.

If you have a new or different topic, feel free to start a new thread!  It’s up to you.  

BTW....your numbers look good and glad to see you are logging in a bit more sleep.   Bed
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 07:47 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This event appears to be a non-event and is kind of interesting.  It starts with a series of flow-limited breaths followed by an inhale and the apnea.  After about 30 seconds you exhale and resume flow-limited breathing.  The flat, downward sloping inspiration wave-forms show that your inhale flow rate slows as the breath proceeds.  This could even be near-awake sleep stage involving movement.  Overall your therapy looks fantastic, so this is nothing, and you didn't even have increased volume or rate of breathing following the apnea.  Nice job with the Zero dashed line on the flow rate.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=6373]

(06-02-2018, 07:56 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(06-02-2018, 07:41 AM)honeybadger79 Wrote: I wonder if I should have posted that question separately in a new post

Your fine posting here.  As a matter of fact, we prefer you keep your charts and data to the same thread, as it is easier for folk to advise without searching for prior information.

If you have a new or different topic, feel free to start a new thread!  It’s up to you.  

BTW....your numbers look good and glad to see you are logging in a bit more sleep.   Bed

Thank you both so much. It’s good to know that it’s not concerning. I’m not sure if I should keep posting stats every day if things are seeming good? And yes, I am trying to sleep more Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I was on and off CPAP the last few nights for various reasons.  Logged a descent sleep last night (albeit not long enough again) and saw something strange that I wanted to ask about.  Can anyone figure out why my pressure shot up from 8.5 to 12.5 at ~04:15 am?  I can't figure it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
hello hb79. take this with the proverbial grain of sand. (edit: salt. grain of salt. that's apneac fog brain right there.) others here are much more informed than me but since no one has jumped in yet:

you might learn more and help others help you by zooming in on 4:11 to 4:15. also look at flow limitation graph to see if any associated flow limitations. something to do til somebody more experienced shows up. I'd bet a nickel there's a rule of thumb about the relationship between increasing pressure and decreasing leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I can see it looks like you had some snores plus some flow limitations going on at the same time. Either one will cause the pressure to increase.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Today. Probably not too much more to learn.  I'll stop posting soon Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look good! How are you feeling now?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just find it very interesting that with your old settings, the machine would have zoomed to high pressures and you would likely have many more events with that pressure. Everyone has their own quirks and your therapy is a lesson that some individuals do better with controlled maximum pressure. This won't be true in all or even most cases, but for you it works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 162 11 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,053 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,838 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.