Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello. Is this the right way to post my stats?
RE: Hello. Is this the right way to post my sleepyhead stats?
Your obstructive event rate is half of the previous. The additional CA will come out on its own or be eliminated by a reduction in EPR. Again good results and a positive direction. I agree with OpalRose.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 05:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 05:16 AM)honeybadger79 Wrote: Seems I had mainly central apneas.  Is there anything to donabout that?

Your numbers aren’t bad at all, and remember that comfort comes first.  

Try EPR at a setting of 2.  You may have to work your way down to EPR 1.
This may help with the few Clear Airways you are seeing.  

Also, stay with the minimum pressure of 7.
Dreaming

Thank you. I will set the EPR to 2 tonight.  I set it to one, once before and that didn't bother me.  Btw, I have been on CPAP for roughly two years (I think I mentioned that in a different thread).  I didn't mess with the settings too much and when recently trying out sleepyhead, I came to the knowledge that my DME put a Respironics SD card (with someone else's data on it) in my Resmed.  So I have no detailed data until now.

(05-31-2018, 07:37 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your obstructive event rate is half of the previous. The additional CA will come out on its own or be eliminated by a reduction in EPR.  Again good results and a positive direction.  I agree with OpalRose.

Thank you for checking in on my thread.  I appreciate it.  I'll keep attaching in the morning if you don't mind continuing to take a look Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
btw. In the "events flags" graph, there is a number in parenthesis next to each event type that occurred.  Is that the length of time in seconds, or does it mean something else? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried reading up on it, but it confuses me as to why EPR can cause C.A.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR causes an increase in ventilation due to the relatively low exhale pressure and higher inhale pressure. This increase in ventilation can reduce CO2 normally in the respiratory system dead space, and this in turn can reduce respiratory drive. It doesn't happen to everyone, and in your case it's certainly not a severe problem. I suspect that next to your CA events you see mostly 8 and 10 second duration (those numbers in parenthesis). In extreme cases, high pressure support (the difference between IPAP and EPAP) can induce severe central apnea in some people, however it can also be a tool to increase minute vent and tidal volume in under-ventilated individuals that need to reduce CO2. This application is not really relevant to CPAP or the range of pressure difference offered by your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: EPR causes an increase in ventilation due to the relatively low exhale pressure and higher inhale pressure.  This increase in ventilation can reduce CO2 normally in the respiratory system dead space, and this in turn can reduce respiratory drive.  It doesn't happen to everyone, and in your case it's certainly not a severe problem.  I suspect that next to your CA events you see mostly 8 and 10 second duration (those numbers in parenthesis).  In extreme cases, high pressure support (the difference between IPAP and EPAP) can induce severe central apnea in some people, however it can also be a tool to increase minute vent and tidal volume in under-ventilated individuals that need to reduce CO2. This application is not really relevant to CPAP or the range of pressure difference offered by your machine.

Thank you very much. That makes sense
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2018, 07:44 AM)honeybadger79 Wrote: Btw, I have been on CPAP for roughly two years (I think I mentioned that in a different thread).  I didn't mess with the settings too much and when recently trying out sleepyhead, I came to the knowledge that my DME put a Respironics SD card (with someone else's data on it) in my Resmed.  So I have no detailed data until now.

Yep, that's pretty hard to forget.   Oh-jeez  

I've heard many strange things that DME's pull on unsuspecting folk, but putting a "used" Respironics SD card in your Resmed machine stands out as unforgettable.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's today.  Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look good. Looking at your flow chart it appears you may be awake a good portion of the time but I may be wrong. Going forward I would be trying to increase the time on machine and work up to 7 to 8 hours a day/night.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 07:06 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your numbers look good. Looking at your flow chart it appears you may be awake a good portion of the time but I may be wrong. Going forward I would be trying to increase the time on machine and work up to 7 to 8 hours a day/night.

You are correct that I don’t sleep enough. I do need to work on that. 

If you don’t mind, What in the the flow chart gives the impression that I was awake a bunch?  I didn’t think that I was.   It also looks like the pressure is less than the minimum of 7 far into the sleep (~03.30) and I don’t understand how that can be, or why it seems to drop down like that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 116 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,843 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.